Chapter 15

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up
Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest.

After reaching the fair they met the rest. As usual Dom and Lena were bickering over who's a sore loser for taking a shot at the archery game. Bridget looked completely uninvolved; her eyes darting around the crowd as if she was looking for someone.

Watching the two of them approach their eyes went towards Lyril's arm around Aurora's waist. Aurora tried shifting a bit in order to get attention as an indication to let go of her. Looking at her hopeless tactics he did nothing but tightened his grip; keeping her firmly besides him.

"Okay... let's get this show on road yeah? Come on dipshit let's see who wins." Lena said pointing at the archery stall.

"You're on." Dom said as he sauntered his way towards the direction of the stall. Together they both went away leaving the trio to themselves.

"Uh... you guys carry on. I'll be right back." Bridget said hurriedly as she quickly made her way towards a man who was waving enthusiastically at her.

How does she do that? Aurora thought. It had never been easy for her to make friends. A sacrifice to the Gods wouldn't even suffice.

"And then there were two." retorted her subconscious when she realised she was left with him.

Alone.

Again.

For the second time.

Looking around she racked her brain trying to initiate a small conversation. She looked up at him and saw his calculating eyes were watching everyone.

Why is he keeping me here if he is not going to talk. She thought.

"Because he knows you are a loner and is probably pitying on you."

"Shut up!" Aurora blurted out loudly as she couldn't control her frustration. As soon as the words left her mouth he looked down at her raising his perfectly shaped brows as if questioning her.

"Oh great now he thinks you are a retard."

"And whose effing fault is that."

"Yours, duh."

"No! It's yours."

"I am you, you dimwit."

Aurora could sense heavy sarcasm in that with an eye roll.

It's proved.

She was officially losing it. Her face had a mind of it's own because it was making weird expressions as she was having a mental debate. And that was confirmed when she saw him looking at her amusingly.

"Nothing." She mumbled looking away.

And that's when hell unleashed. Meredith Blake in all her slutty glory was making their way towards them in her high heels. She was throwing daggers at Aurora while her two watchdogs; Tweedledee and Tweedledum were looking at Adonis. Their eyes held lust.

Oh great, here we go again. She thought as memories of high school came back, mocking her.

"Hey Aurora I didn't see you there. I thought such social gatherings weren't your thing. I can't blame you though, some people prefer to stay on the sidelines." She taunted in her high pitched voice.

"And I see you've bought a friend too." Tweedledee spoke sending a seductive smile towards Lyril.

Hearing her Meredith took a step closer putting her hand on his chest; openly checking him out.

"Hi, my name's Meredith Blake and these are my girlfriends; Sasha and Caroline." Meredith Fake spoke in her sultry voice, batting her eyelashes.

She was the high school cheer leader and "daddy buys me whatever I want" type of girl. It annoyed Aurora but she chose to be a silent spectator knowing what goes around comes around.

"How I wish to stab her in her eyes with those heels"
Maybe she should eat her make up so she is prettier on the inside too."
She thought as she felt anger bubble up inside her.

She wanted to say it out loud but kept quite; watching the mongrel exchange pleasantries with her man.

Her man!!!

Oh hell no!!!

Where did that come from!?

She felt movement besides her and looked up at him thinking he would respond to Meredith's introduction but instead she found him gazing down at her; lovingly.

His dark alluring eyes softened a bit. This was the first time she saw emotions swirling inside his empty lifeless eyes.

The look he gave her made her go week on her knees. If it weren't for him holding her tightly by the waist she would've definitely kissed the ground.

"Love, do you know her?"

That's when hell froze and pigs started to fly. With her mouth slightly open she stared at him with a surprise look on her pale face. She did not dare to blink.

Afraid. That it might be a dream.

"Love?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"You two are dating!?"

Rapid fire started as questions were thrown in their direction. But she did not pay heed. All she could see were those beautiful eyes staring at her lovingly with a small smile playing on his sculpted face.

And for the first time in a very long time she felt peace.

I'm an ass. I am so sorry for a such a late update. There were few things I had to deal with. Please vote and comment. Happy reading💞