Chapter 5

The water is clear, but your wrists are stained.
Your face says happy, but your eyes say pain.

It felt like forever. Talking to someone who knew everything about you, as if a part of you was already given to someone else made Aurora feel like home after a very long time. They chatted away for hours, completely losing track of time. They giggled, they laughed. Their eyes held mirth as they sparkled, speaking dramatically to each other.
Lena told her all about her busy life in New York. About her job, about her colleagues. Aurora listened to her imagining as if she was there. A part of her which longed to see the outside world. How it worked. But then again, she didn't want to leave this beautiful paradise.

Soon Lena told her the reason for visiting her hometown on such short notice.

"So apparently, the bride's family has this some sort of tradition. Her grandmother insisted that she should get married where she had gotten married. Since they are a bit of orthodox people. They decided to keep the wedding here!! At our small town!! Can you believe it? Out of all the places in this god forsaken world they chose River Creek as their wedding destination."
Lena exclaimed, giving Aurora the surprising news.

Letting the words sink in, Aurora seemed too shocked to answer. A lavish wedding at River Creek?
This surely did come as a surprise. It caught her off guard and made her think about the family who were going to come here. As if reading her mind Lena briefed her in and ranted about the Waldorf's.

"So, the bride's name is Cassandra but people call her Cass for short. Oh she is such a sweetheart Aurora! You'd love her, trust me. Their wedding planner put in a good word for me and hired me to handle the catering part! The bridegroom's name is Nick. News is that they were childhood sweethearts and Nick proposed to her right after graduating from college. Both their fathers are business associates earning millions. Cass has two elder brothers.Though I've only seen one of them. His name is Dominic and the other one is Lyril Waldorf."

Lyril. What a beautiful name, Aurora thought. She whispered softly, testing his name as it smoothly rolled off her tongue. She tried to picture him. What he'd look like. Drowning herself, in his thoughts, Aurora suddenly felt strange. She couldn't possibly be attached to someone who she hadn't even met! For heaven's sake, she just knew the man's name! But there was this strange pull which made her think about him. She tired to suppress her thoughts and glanced at Lena who was still talking about the family unoblivious to the fact that she wasn't listening.

Surely she did not attend college but she made sure to educate herself. It was a Greek name. While studying Art History, the textbooks had contents of Greek mythology which soon became Aurora's favourite as she studied more, unravelling the depths of the ancient culture, stories about Greek wars, about Olympus and the Greek Gods.

Shaking her head, she turned her attention towards the blonde. Lena paused, looking at Aurora.

"Hey, is everything alright? You zoned out for a while there."
"I'm fine, i was just thinking. Anyway, when is wedding?"
Aurora asked seeming to take more interest into it.

"Oh it's next week, there is so much left to do and trust me planning a wedding is a tremendous task considering how much intimidating these families are. Anyway, tell me about you. I want to know everything."

They chatted away for a few more hours before Lena took off to meet her Aunt Bernie. Sun started to set and night came by quickly.

Aurora laid down on her bed, exhausted. She sighed softly hearing the wind pick up its speed along with the sound of crickets.
Her eyeslids started to droop as she slipped into the darkness.

I'm obsessed with Greek Mythology. Hence, the name Lyril.