Chapter 1

Yeah i wanted to play tough.
Thought i could do all this on my own.

The shrilling noise woke her up from her deep sleep. Groaning she turned her alarm off and took in her surroundings with those hazy eyes that begged a few more hours of sleep. The sun was streaming in through her window providing her enough warmth after last night's terrible and gushing wind.  Slowly and with cautious movements she rose up from her bed as she was still sleepy and any fast or hurried movements would definitely make her trip with her face kissing the mahogany wooden floor.

She grabbed her clothes and made her way towards the bathroom. She looked at her reflection and was not surprised to see her brunette, wild and untamed locks in a disheveled state. Her hazel eyes were drooping clearly indicating lack of sleep. Again. Letting out a frustrated sigh she stepped into the shower already dreading another long day.

Trudging her way to the kitchen she settled over pancakes with maple syrup for her breakfast. Her kitchen was not as lavish as others but it did suffice her culinary needs. Her living room was of moderate size with beautiful and freshly picked flowers adorning the corners of the living room. Her sofa was pushed at one side of the corner with art history books splattered all over it. The television which she hardly used was on the other side of the corner facing her sofa. She did not use it much as half of her time was spent at work and other half at the ranch.

Yes, she was country girl. She was born and bought up at the quaint city of North Carolina, River Creek. She grew up amongst the wild pastures and horses. She absolutely loved it here and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The people were warm and welcoming and always wore a smile. Ever since she was kid her father taught her how to ride horses. Her childhood pony was Sadie. She was a sweetheart and she loved her dearly. Her dad, William Clayton was a respected man. He owned a hardware store down the street. He was a dashing man with a charming personality. The love of his life soon got swooned by his well known manners and chivalrous aura. Lyla Jones was her name. They soon got married and had her. They had everything they could ask for. Their family was almost perfect.

But good things don't last. Like every other story she too lost her parents in a car accident. She was 19. She wanted to pursue her chosen field, Art History ahead. But she could not. She needed a lot of money and the only money her parents made was from the hardware store and the ranch. Soon she gave up the idea of college and took over the business of her father.

I love dogs. What your favourite animal?