Chapter 14

Something must've gone wrong in my brain
Got your chemicals all in my veins
Feeling all the highs, feeling all the pain
Let go on the wheel, its a bullet lane
Now I'm seeing red, not thinking straight
Blurring all the lines you intoxicate me

Aurora did nothing but gawk. She looked like a fool and he probably noticed it too. From the corner of her eyes she saw his stiff posture. His one hand was on the steering wheel while the other was on the gear. Driving smoothly on the road, Aurora couldn't help but feel jealous. She can't go without making few jerks while driving on the road. One time she nearly killed a cat who was right in the middle of the road. Luckily for her, the cat jumped off the street when it saw the headlights blinking rapidly along with the honks. It was dark that day when this incident took place. That means it was definitely not her fault.

The poor soul must've cursed her for her reckless driving. Till date it still surprises her of how she passed the driving test. They fell into an awkward silence. She did not know whether to speak or keep quiet till they reach their destination. Realising she was speaking to herself Aurora snapped out of her daze when she blurted out the words unable to survive the awkward silence.

"So Mr. Waldorf are you liking the weather?" She asked.

Are you liking the weather!? Are you LIKING THE WEATHER!?

Seriously Aurora. Urgh. Kill. Me. Now.

She wanted nothing more than the ground underneath her to open up and swallow her or better yet; an alien invasion to abduct her.

Wow what a great question to ask Aurora. Since you're at such subjects why don't you ask him whether he likes peanut butter on his bread. Her subconscious spoke sarcastically.

"It's considerate." He said, his voice breaking her from her embarrassing trance. It was all going so well. She had successfully managed to not embarrass herself in front of any human yet she had to open her mouth and talk about some goddamn weather to this fine male specimen.

Clearing her throat she tried to cover it up with another question.

"What I meant is...how has your stay been here at River Creek since you've arrived?"

He turned her head towards her,looking at her for a good five seconds before answering.

"Very pleasant; Miss Clayton." He spoke before turning his attention back on the road.

Before she could spew some more crap from her mouth due to her underdeveloped brain coordination; her cellphone saved her. She could feel the vibrations of her phone coming from the side purse. She fished it out and saw Lena calling her. Probably to know about her whereabouts since they were a tad bit late.

Picking it up she answered with a hello.

"Aurora; where are you? We're waiting for the both of you here. Its already past 7:45." Lena sounded worried on the phone.

"We're reaching in about ten; don't worry."

"Oh okay; hurry up! The fair is amazing!" Lena chirped happily.

Assuring her that they'll be coming by the estimated time they both hung up. After a few minutes she heard him speak.

"Was that your friend, Miss Clayton?" He asked in his smooth voice.