Madness pt.2

He rubbed his collarbone before speaking. "I couldn't help but listen in on your conversation."

"It's fine. As long as you won't tell anyone?"

"Yeah. Promise. Oh, by the way..." Lucas looked around to make sure no one else was looking or listening before leaning in closer to tell me something. "The night uncle- I mean, your dad was murdered, mum- wait.. Ugh, forget it." He sighed, pulled his face away from mine, and took a few steps away.

"No way, mister." I grabbed his arm. "Mum? You called aunt- I mean, his wife, your mum?"

He sighed again. "Ever since mum left, they told me I had to be their son-in-law with dead parents. Yay for me." Lucas did a little dance with his hands, but it slowly died away, leaving him with watery eyes. But suddenly, he looked up at me. "Anyways, I was saying that mum wasn't home that night. I was suspicious, so I went out after her to see that she was heading for the hospital with another girl. Then, she came out looking like a criminal." There was a moment of silence. "Why did you hesitate to call mum your aunt-"

"Because I hate her for killing my dad, what else? She doesn't deserve me as her daughter-in-law and you as a son." I put a hand on his shoulder, before looking out the doorway and at the people in the lobby. "Let's go have some fun. I don't want to use my brain any more than I already have." We both laughed before walking out and being greeted by the Knights and their friends.

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"Y/N!" I was joking around with Inseong's friends when I heard my name, and I turned to see Lucas running up to me. "I have to go now, but it was nice getting to know you. You know, since we're cousins, we should be able see each other more often." He winked before running off.

Flashback

I went to uncle Jisung's house when I was nine. I met his son, who was two years older than me. I stayed at uncle's for three days, and no one could separate me and his son, we had become really close. But on the fourth day, we had to leave, and I wouldn't let go of his hand. He bent down to look me in the eye, and he said in his pre-pubescent voice, "I know you have to go now. But it was nice getting to know you, Y/N. You know, since we're cousins, we should be able to see each other more often, right?" I wiped my tears away before getting into the car and waving goodbye.

"Bye, Lucas!"

Flashback End

"Okay, see you around, Lucas!"

But, of course, we never did meet up again after our childhood. I've always wondered why.

Suddenly, out of the corner, I noticed Taeyong. I waved to him, and he smiled and walked up to me. "How's everything going?" He gave me a high-five.

"Yeah, well, remember I told you I was trying to find out what happened in my family?" I whispered.

"Uh-huh?"

"Well, I got a bunch of things. But there's an inportant piece of information that I haven't got yet, and that's what the Moon are after me for. What do I have that they want."

Taeyong pulled my arm up, and put his hand on my lower arm, where I had an operation on. "I still remember a little you trying out monkey bars because you tried to copy me, but in the end, you swung yourself too hard and ended up sliding across the floor, giving you this mark." He took his hand off and looked at it for a few moments, then looked at me. "And what did you do after that? You got up and tried again, falling over on the same arm and making it worse." He laughed a little.

"I know it's important to find what they want from you, but with your determination, they can't possibly find out where that treasure lies." He smiled and walked away.

Just then, the alarm rang and Zuho ran up to me. "Y/N, it's... You've got to see this for yourself."

I followed Zuho worriedly, and he took me into the ward. There, Jin held his arm, and we noticed he was bleeding from a fresh wound.

"CHENLE, GET YOUR ASS HERE NOW!" Zuho shot through the corridor, and a little squeak was heard from the other room. After a lot of clattering, the annoying blonde kid appeared and with him, a cute blue-haired kid. I watched them shuffle in front of me and treat Jin's arm.

But after looking around, I realised which room we were in. There was a hole in the wall, and it gave a nice view of the desert, and in the distance, Fanfare. Running towards it was a little figure I recognised.

"JENNIE! THAT BITCH!" I shouted from the bottom of my lungs. Zuho reached for his multi-barrel pistol before I stopped him. "I want to personally beat the living hell out of her once I get my hands on her. Let her go for now."

As if I had had enough for one day. Rowoon ran into the ward and looked at me. "It's boss..."

And sure enough, when we got to him, he was sprawled out on the floor with a bullet to his stomach. It wasn't enough to kill him, though.

"Boss wanted to see you," Rowoon gave me a little nudge, so I moved forward and knelt down by his side. Another doctor was there behind me, ready to start treatment.

"Y/N, I... I'm sorry for not believing you for what you said." A tear rolled down his cheek. "That woman you saw earlier while we were talking... Guess who it was? You were right about it all, Y/N. I guess those criminology lessons you took really did pay off." Then, he passed out, and the doctor took over to treat him.

A/N what is Dawon doing in the picture
And yep it's decided I'm doing a book 2 because I love this book too much
Part two will end up having NCT playing a large part, especially Taeyong, Lucas, Chenle and Yuta
And I'll bring Taeyang and Jaeyoon forward in book two
And I'm gonna let everyone continue teasing Hwiyoung's gayness lol

Oh and one more thing
It makes me really happy to see my book and the boys getting love by votes and comments so I'll try to reply to them as best I can from now \^^/