Chapter 5

Hey everyone, I am really sorry for uploading short chapters. I am very busy with school and all that. But still I am trying my best to write whenever possible and upload. I hope you enjoy reading this story. Thank you for your support, vote, comment and fanning.

Please support me! Comment,vote and fan me if you like this story. 

Thank you all, "he showed me colors" has reached 200 readers. Please please fan and vote!  Thank you and love you all.

I was sitting in the garden area of our school. I loved spending time here. I could smell the fragrance of flowers and the smell coming from earth.

I was a lover of nature. If I cannot see, does not mean that I don’t know what nature is. I can feel plants, animals like they talk to me. They communicate with me. I know they love me as much as I love them.

I was fond of flowers and animals from the very beginning of my life. I like how Silky soft flower fell into my hands like I could cuddle them. I have heard that the flowers are of different colors.

Ahh colors! The one thing I will never understand. I can never differentiate between colors by touching or feeling them. Thinking of this sometimes makes me sad. I wish I could know what colors were, and I wish I could see the flowers.

I liked being surrounded by nature, feel the wind blowing on my face. It always pleasured how wind left trailing on my skin. I was enjoying the moment.

A wind blew past me but it wasn’t cold. It was hot. Then I realized someone sitting beside me. I could feel the warmth near me. I felt uncomfortable. The person was unfamiliar yet very familiar.

“Hi” he said. I instantly recognized his voice. It was Dean.

I debated with myself whether I should reply or not.

“wha-what do you want?” I stuttered. Why was I so nervous?

“Your company” His voice had a hint of a smile.

“Why?” I really needed answers to my question. Why he wanted my company? A blind’s company and that person were a boy. I really wanted to know the truth. I wanted to know whether he was playing some trick on me with his friends or he had a bet with one.

“It’s simple, you are a beautiful girl.”

What!! He thinks I am beautiful. Well he said it at the party too but hearing it again made my heart flutter. He really thinks I am pretty or is he joking? My mind was telling me that he is playing with me but my heart heard the honesty in his voice. My heart told me he was telling the truth. I know I shouldn’t be happy before knowing all the truth but I couldn’t help myself. I could feel my cheeks getting hot, blood flowing through my veins. 

“You look amazing when you blush.” He touched my cheek. His touch sent shivers in my body. His touch was warm. His touch made my heart bust out of my chest. It was for a very short second as he removed his fingers quickly. 

My body ached for his touch. I wanted his hand against my cheek. I wanted it badly. I tried to control myself before I get out of control. We stayed quiet for a moment until he broke the silence.

“Why don’t you ever look in my eyes? I have observed you many times you never look directly in anyone’s eye?” He asked. His voice had confusion in it.

I was too shocked. It was like the earth shook beneath me. He didn’t know I was blind! How could it be? Was he blind? No it can’t be as his questions were evidence of it and that he saved me from falling too. Then how couldn’t he see that I am blind! He must be joking! Yes, he is trying to hurt me. He and his friends must have planned this.

“It’s not like they will eat you if you look in their eyes or is it that you feel too shy?” He said it softly.

How could he say it so softly knowing that it hurts my feeling? He must be a jerk.  I could feel tears beginning. I was about to start crying. But I controlled myself. I have promised myself I will not cry. No, I must not cry. I must not cry at how I am. My mother always told me I was god gifted. She had told me that god must have something good for me. I cannot be weak. I cannot be weak. I chanted to myself.

“Hey, did I say something wrong? I didn’t mean to. I- I-…”

“Please leave me alone.” I requested him.

“What’s wrong Annabel?”  He sounded worried.

Was he really worried for me?  No Annabel, don’t think that. He is not worried he is just acting like that.

“Annabel…” He placed his hand against my cheek. My body wanted to lean my face in his hands. But I told myself. I will not do this. I will not let myself fall into this trap.  I shook his hand off my face.

“Annabel, please tell me what’s wrong?” He asked again.

Anger washed through me. He was asking what’s wrong. How could he say that? How could he play with someone’s emotions? Was it not enough or he wanted to hurt me more?

“Wrong!! You want to know what’s wrong??” I shouted at him.

“Yes”

What?? Yes?? What a jerk!!

“How could you ask me that? Was it not enough for you? Or you want to play more with my emotions? Your mission is accomplished! You have done enough damage to me. Now go to your friends and tell them that you won the bet or whatever you planned with them is successful. Tell them that you told the blind girl what she needed.”I shouted all my anger on him. I stood up on my feet.

“And yes, thank you for showing me truth that all you people are jerks. Pass on the complements to your friends and congratulate them.”  And at last a tear escaped.

I ran away leaving him behind. I could feel him sitting at that place. He never moved.

I ran back to my class. I wished school to end soon. I wanted to get far away from him. The thought of him in the same place scared me.

When the last bell rang, I sighed relief. Now, I would get away from this place and get into my safe world, my room.

Clay gave me ride to my home as my mother had some work today.  Clay asked me a thousand times why was I crying. But I just shook head every time. So at last she stopped asking. She knows that I will tell her even if it’s not today, I will tell her tomorrow. She knows me very well.

Clay dropped me at my house and left as she had her music classes.

I went upstairs to my room. I locked the door behind me and cuddled up in my bed in the middle. And I burst into tears. I knew that I shouldn’t be crying. I had promised myself not to cry but I broke my promise today.  I cried till I fell asleep. 

 Thanks for reading and giving your precious time :) Please don't forget to comment,vote and fan :)