Chapter 3

Hey guys, The old  book cover was made by  Angelic_girl! "Claps" for her. Thank You Angelic for giving me such nice cover.

And Thank you all for reading my story so far. So here's a new chapter...

I hope you enjoy it and also "claps" for you all too.

 As we entered, the music and voices grew louder. I could feel the heat coming from lots of people. The place smelled of alcohol.

“Clay, I think we should go back.” I really wanted to go back. I was scared, I was afraid of crowds.

“What!! No way. We are staying here.” Clay was totally excited.

“Hey Clare, you came.” I recognized who it was.

“Yes, Drake I came. By the way, the party looks awesome.” Clay complemented him.

“Thank you, Oh! Hi Annabel, I didn’t see you.” Drake greeted with surprise.

Wow what an amazing fact! He didn’t see me when I am the one blind right here.

“Hi Drake, I am sorry for coming uninvited.” I can never forget my manners.

“No problem, you don’t have to say sorry. Anyway, I will leave you on your own now. Enjoy the party.”

Clare and I thanked him.

The time passed away, we talked with so many people. The truth was Clay talked with them, and I just greeted them. The party was getting wilder I guess as I could hear lots of drunk people shouting. Also, the place was getting more crowded as there was little space to even move my legs or hands.

Clay’s boyfriend Jason Reed was also there. I wanted them to leave alone. So, I told Clay that my legs were hurting and I wanted to sit down for a little bit. She knew what I was trying to do, and she agreed.

Jason was a good person. He cared for Clay, and he loved her as she was. I also knew Clay was crazy about Jason. Actually Clay was crazy about her love life so how could I be a thorn in between them by following Clay.

I was sitting on the couch, enjoying in my thought land when I felt the couch vibrate. Someone was sitting beside me. I could feel the heat radiating.

“Hi” I recognized it was a boy’s voice, and there was a smile definitely.

“Um… Hello” Why would a guy talk to me?

“My name is Dean Walter, and I am a great hangout with. So what’s your name?”

I didn’t reply to his answer. That boy seriously sounded strange to me. No boy has ever talked to me like that. Okay, I accept that no boy ever properly talked to me but this was unusual.

“So, you don’t have a name or you don’t want me to know?” He was smiling; I swear I can hear it.

“Why are you talking to me? I don’t even know you.” I complained

“Yes, we don’t know each other and we are talking so that we can know each other.”

He wanted to know me?? Was that true?? No boy ever wanted that, not even girls. Why he wanted to know a blind?

“Why do you want to know about me?”

“Well, I am new to town and the truth is I actually think you are cute and pretty.”

Are my ears alright? Or I have to see my doctor?

“I need to go.” I really wanted to get out of this place. What could I have done? Told him my name and talked with him like old friends? I am never used to this kind of action from a stranger. Nobody said to me that I was pretty not a guy I mean. What if he has some kind of bet with one of his friends? I don’t want to be a laughingstock again.

I stood up and tried to walk out-of-place when I stumbled on something or someone. I was sure I was going to crash on the floor when a strong muscular arm caught me. I could feel his breath near my face. He was really close to me. His body was radiating heat and my heart, was beating faster. Why wouldn’t it beat faster? I was for the first time in the arms of a guy and that even so close that I could feel his breath. I could feel myself blushing from these thoughts.

“I caught you” I recognized the voice. It was Dean Walter.

Oh my god! I was running from him, and now I am in his arms.

“You do look more beautiful when you blush.” He complemented me. There was a smile.

I quickly tried to upright myself. He helped me too.

“Thank you”

“Welcome, but I really enjoyed you in my arms”

I was blushing even more. Wait a minute; I should be angry at him right now for flirting with me, right?? But here I am blushing in front of him. I didn’t say anything.

I could feel someone walking fast.

“Annie, are you alright?” It was Clay.

She wrapped her arms around me.

“I am okay.” I assured her.

“I am sorry I left you alone. Did he hurt you?”

I frowned; I don’t like people feeling sorry for me.

“Nope, I saved her” I frowned again. He was the reason I was going to almost fall down.

“Oh! Thank you um...” Clay sounded really thankful, and her voice sounded as she was dazzled. Was the guy so hot?

“Hi I am Dean Walter.”

“Hi I am Clare Grunt, but people call me Clay.”

“So your friend’s name is Annie.” Was he asking or saying?

“She didn’t tell you her name?” I knew Clay was confused, and she must be looking at me.

“No, she didn’t.”

“Then let me introduce you. This is my friend Annabel Robinson, and we call her Annie. She is a really sweet girl and my best friend. She…”

“Can we go Clare?” I interrupted her speech.

“Oh okay. Sorry on behalf of her. Annie is a little bit shy, and she is not used to guys asking about her.” I knew Clay was smiling stupidly.

“Really? That’s strange; I mean what boy wouldn’t like that beauty.”

I felt my cheeks getting hotter. I felt nauseous. I wanted to get out before I faint down.

“Clay, I want to go home” I put pressure in my voice.

“Okay. Bye Dean. It was nice to meet you.”

“It was nice to meet you and your friend.”

We left Dean behind. Clay said goodbye to Jason and we drove out of the place.

What was that feeling? I never felt myself nauseous. What’s happening to me?

***I hope you liked this chapter. Tell me what do you think? Was it interesting? I have kept Dean’s appearance as a mystery because I want to unfold it in the future chapter. Please support me if you like my story :) and give me some suggestions who you want as which character(cast).