Chapter 20

A/N: I wrote this chapter from my phone so it may have typing errors. Sorry for delay, have lots of tests. Enjoy reading and do not forget to vote.

:-)

----------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke with a smile on my face. I could not forget about the time spent with Dean. How special he made me feel. He made me feel different, good different.

I had never expected to have something like this in my life. It still feels like a dream, I would wake up and everything will be shatered.

I laid on my bed for god knows how much late after waking up. I would have been lying there if mom had not informed me about Clay calling.

I got up from bed and washed my face. After wiping my wet face with a towel, I went downstairs. I took the phone in my hands and put it at my ear.

"Hello!" My voice was cheerful. It was full of happiness. All because of Dean.

" I see someone is so happy today..." Clay said excitedly though I knew she was smirking at the other end of line."So..." I knew what she was going to say next. She will be asking for details and she will not leave me till I spill it out. This was the first time she got a chance like this with me and I know she will not let go of this chance.

"I know what you are going to ask" I told her as a matter of fact though smiling.

"Then what are you waiting for? Spill it out, girl!" She almost shouted excitedly in my ears.

I thought I would go deaf and I could not risk that.

"Can we talk about this later on?" I asked with a hint of hesitation in my voice which I knew Clay will recognize.

"So your dad is at home"She was well known with me. I could hear dad in living room watching News channel "okay we will talk about it later on and you would not be able to escape from it" She said happily and with a mischievious tone. I knew there was no escaping from it. So I had to agree.

"Okay" I sighed and let out breadth.

"So have you signed the permission slip?" Clay asked wondering. I had totally forgotten about the permission slips for camp. Thank god Clay reminded me.

"Oh, Clay thank you, I had forgot about it"

"I knew that! How would you remember these things? You are too busy in remembering those awesome moments with dream. Her tone started with a teasing tone and ended up to a dreamy tone.

"I am putting off phone now. Talk to you later on. By love you" I put down the phone before she could say something else. I was blushing with full intensity.

Was I going to react every time someone mentions Dean's name? Will my heart ever stop beating frantically when near to him? Will my blood stop rushing to my cheeks when I think about Dean?

I shook my head and tried to clear out such intense thoughts. I focussed about the camp and tried form coherent thoughts.

I picked up myself and headed towards kitchen where I could hear my mom humming. Mom was happier to have my dad and brother at home.

I entered the kitchen room and cook hear something siezling and it smelled like heaven.

"Mmmm Something smella like heaven" I complimented mom with a smile.

"Of course, It would! I am making you favorite spicy chicken" Mom said happily.

Wow Spicy chicken! I love it. My mouth was already watering. I dont know how much longer would I able to control myseld before I pounce on the dish. I knew I had a dreamy face. I had forgot about the camp again untill mom interrupted my day dreaming about spicy chicken.

"Was there something you wanted to talk about sweetie?" She asked while concerntrating on cooking.

"Yes mom, There is going to be a camp trip the day after tomorrow and we have o get approval from parents." I explained to her.

"Oh that is nice! Do you want to go?" Mom asked sweetly

"Yes mom" I said hesistantly. It was first time I was asking to go on a trip without mom.

"Okay, Sweetie. Since Dad is here, you have to ask his permission" Mom said slowly and cautiously.

"Oh okay" I sighed. I knew dad was never going to allow me. He would repeat the same scene that happened years ago. My face fell.

I waited for mom to finish cooking so that she could accompany me when asking dad. I could not build up courage to go alone and ask him. I was scared to death first time. I was deeply wounded at that time. I had lost my papa that. In truth I lost my dream of a loving father who would never be tired to call me his princess. That day I lost my papa and found a stranger called dad.

Mom and I went to the living room where dad was watching tv.We stood there a little while.

"Are you both going to say something or stand there forever?" Dad asked in his thick military voice.

Mom nudged me at stomach with her elbow indicating to start talking.

When I didn't try, Mom started speaking.

"Honey, Annie has something to ask you" Mom said sweetly and slowly "come on sweetie" She then said to be encouragingly.

"Dad I-I wa-want t-..." I stuttered. I was shaking afraid what my father would say. Afraid he would be angry like the first time. That day was traumatic to me.

"I don't have all day" Dad said though calmly. It surprised me. Jis changing attitude was somehow comforting and somehow scaring.

I took a deep breath and spilled it out in one breath "Iwanttogocampingwithmyfriendsandschool"

"What?" Dad was confused. He could not understand my one breath sentence.

My mom clasped her hand in mine encouraging me and indicating that she was with me. I took a deep breath again and built up courage.

"I want to go to camping trip with my friends oraganized by school." I said and paused giving him time to digest it and waiting for his reaction. My heart was pumping faster with each tick-tock of clock

There was silence everywhere except sounds of us breathing.

I heard take a deep breath and let it out.

"When is it?" His question surprised me. I was expecting his outburst not a question. My eyes were wide and I was in a state of shock.

Mom's hand tightning around mine brought me to reality.

"Day after tomorrow" I said just a whisper but he heard it.

"Who are going?" His tone was calm and no hint of anger

"Everyone, Clay also" I replied

"How many days?"

"Four days" His questions were building hope in my heart but I tried to control it. I built my lower lip and had my head lowered.

I heard him shuffling and standing up. He came near us and stood in front of me. I felt the military radiance that I always felt around him.

I expected him to shout at me but what happened next surprised me.

"Fine, but you have to call in time to time." Dad said and it shocked me more.

I stood there for seconds and then what I did was unexpected by him and by me and by everyone.

I hugged him tightly. When I put my arms around him, he stiffened shocked, unexpected but then seconds later relaxed. Though he didn't put back his arms around me but it satisfied me that at least he let me do that.

I burried my face in his chest and saif him thank you thousand times. I could hear my mom sniffing. She had been waiting for a day like this. Though it was a small step but had a bigger meaning. I smiled. My day couldn't get more better.

I could now hope to proceed my steps towards winning my fathers love for me. I could get back my papa if I tried.