Chapter Nineteen: Hurt

I shut my eyes tight, trying to suppress the pain. I felt my hands grip and pull at the sheet under my body. 

"Am I hurting you?"

I couldn't help but nod my head. 

"Do you want me to stop?"

I opened my eyes, looking at him. This wasn't as easy and romantic as I had hoped. It was painful. Really painful. 

"No," I said, but even to myself I didn't sound very convincing. "I'll be fine. Just… not so fast, okay?"

"I'll be gentle," he laughed, leaning down, kissing me. I forced a smile back. 

He was considerably gentler in the moments that followed, and the pain began to fade away. He picked up speed, and then I felt it. I wasn't sure how to respond at first, but then my body responded for me. I let out an involuntary gasp.

"Allison, are you okay?"

I hadn't realized I had shut my eyes. I opened them immediately - James was staring down at me, concerned. 

"Y-yes," I said, feeling oddly jitterish. "I'm, um - I'm fine."

A smile tugged at his lips, as he realized. "That wasn't a gasp of pain, was it?"

I failed to suppress my smile as I shook my head. He grinned, leaned down, and kissed me once again. His body started to move with mine. He stopped being so gentle, he stopped worrying about me and asking if I was okay. I was more than okay. I had never felt anything remotely like this before. James gripped onto my arms tightly, almost aggressively. I was lost in a daze of lust and ecstasy. 

He held onto me even tighter, painfully tight, but I barely seemed to notice it. Time seemed to stop in those final moments. My breathing halted and I involuntarily shut my eyes. Every fibre in my body was screaming - then my body froze under his, and he stiffened. 

He collapsed on the bed next to me, his chest rising and falling dramatically. I was the exact same. My body felt exhausted in the most amazing, pleasant way. 

"Oh my god," I muttered, almost involuntarily.

James laughed. "Come here," he whispered, grinning, as he pulled my body closer to his. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me against his chest.

"You're not running away from me this time," he said, chuckling. "I've got you here and I'm keeping you here."

"I'm not going anywhere. Don't worry," I assured him. I could feel my eyes growing heavier. My body was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to shut down and sleep for the next twelve hours.

"Good," James whispered. 

He reached for the bed sheet and pulled it up over us, then resumed his former position, wrapping his arms around my waist. The feeling of a hand resting on my stomach was enough to send butterflies surging through my body. I had never slept like this before, with someone else so close to me, holding me. It was all so new to me.

We fell asleep like that. When I woke up, I could still feel his hand around my waist. Suddenly, I felt it move across my stomach. Startled, I jumped slightly in my place. I hadn't thought he was awake.

"It's only me," James laughed. "Or have you lost your memory, again? Because I'd be more than happy to remind you."

I turned my body over to face him, smiling.

" I remember," I told him.

"So do I," he said, with a smile. His eyes lowered down towards my body. His smile soon faded and his eyebrows frowned. His hand gently moved over my upper arm. I felt a mild sting - but it wasn't until I glanced down that I saw the bruises that covered my arms. Deep purple bruises stained the pale skin on my arms where his hands had been.