Chapter 1

"Marco wake up, how are you going to make us late on the first day!!" My sister's voice broke into my dreams. I groaned and pulled my covers over my head. " If you don't get up right now, I'm telling mom and dad about you and Marshall at summer camp!!"she whisper yells at me. I sit bolt upright at her threat, glaring at her. " You wouldn't," I said slowly moving to the edge of my bed. She turned and walked away swaying her hips in her maxi dress. " And I have my own vehicle, Kim!!" I yelled out after her.

I walked into my closet and searched for the perfect outfit, 'I might be late but I'm going to look good doing it' I thought to myself. I settled on a pain red t-shirt shirt and black shorts, topping it off with black Nikes and the new g shock my dad got me for my birthday. I winked at myself in the mirror, "well hello handsome." I said flashing a white smile. I walked down stairs to see Kim sitting at the table eating her breakfast. " So much for being on time." I mocked her as she looked up from her bagel. " Turns out we are going to be early." she said shrugging.

I just pulled out a pop tart and sat across from her. She was always the over achiever of the four us. My two older brothers Terry and Matthew, had spoiled her more than we already were, but I had to hand it to her she's been pretty good about one thing, keeping the one thing I hid from my parents a secret... the fact that I was gay. "Marco, did you hear me?" she questioned, snapping her fingers at me. "No I block out most of what you say." I said biting into my pop tart. she rolled her eyes. " I said don't forget mom and dad are leaving for their business trip this weekend." she said getting ready to leave. That meant a dinner to make up for the month or longer they'd be traveling.

10 minutes later

As I pulled up to my school I noticed that despite my stalling,I was still early, so I sat in my truck and blasted my music throughout the parking lot. ' finally senior year!!' I thought as I watched teachers and other faculty members walk into the school. Twin Peaks high stood in splendor that it becomes over the summer, the red brick on the outside was plastered with welcome back signs hung by the many service clubs. " Go Titans." I said getting out of my Ford F150 and walked up the stairs, as I noticed students beginning to file through the doors. "Marco!!!" my name rang through the air. I turned and saw my best friend Alex coming toward me. "Hey man, how was Europe?" I greet him with a hug. "dude you wouldn't believe the girls they have over there!" He said, and then a look of realization swept across his face. "Oh yeah,I forgot, is gonna take me a while to get used to the fact that my best friend is gay." he said punching my arm playfully. I laughed "doesn't mean I can't still kick your ass" I said getting him in a headlock.

As it turns out we had most of our classes together, we didn't have two classes together. "Ap environmental first." he said as we picked our way through the crowd of lost freshman. Our first couple of classes went by fast since it was the first day. By fourth period we were split for the first time, he had art and I had care and prevention. I walked into the medical room, I took it all in, there were desk, but also, therapy tables and a huge cabinet filed with medical supplies. On the white board I noticed names paired up on the board, beside my name was one I'd never heard around school. 'Maverick Ward' I thought to myself. I walked to the table that had my name on it. I sat waiting, on the teacher, chatting here and there with some friends. Just as the bell rang, a well built guy walked through the door. His features instantly caught my attention.

He was tall, probably around 6'4", a couple inches taller than me. I could see his leg muscles flex under his very sheer mesh shorts. his shirt clung to his flat stomach and broad chest, his neck was strong but not beefed up. I was mesmerized by his straight white teeth and his smile like a prince. I made eye contact with him, his sea green eyes locked on my hazel ones. 'did he see me staring at him, good I hope not' I thought to myself. " You must be Marco?" He said as he reached me.

'god his voice is sexy is that an accent'. "Yea I'm Marco, Maverick?" I answered ignoring my thoughts. He grabbed my hand and kissed it " It's nice to meet you." he said sitting next to me.

~ Maverick ~

This kid is sexy and I know I'm going to have some times ahead of me, but right now I focused on the teacher, finding out that the person sitting next to us was going to be our partner in every homework assignment and project for the entire year, no matter what. I smiled at that. Now I just had to figure out if he is gay, or at least curious. But I shouldn't be thinking about doing that with him...not yet anyway.

A/N: that's it for now,I know it wasn't exciting or really all that interesting but if you stick in, there will be more to come. I'm going to think of some ways for some serious plot points to unfold.