Chapter 17 - A Baby Shower

My Unplanned Little Miracle

Chapter 17 - A Baby Shower

~

      Seeing Arianna's face during lunch was absolutely priceless. Her face turned a bright red - brighter than her hair, and she lets out a screech, and lunches towards me.

        Thankfully, before she can do anything to me, Dawson grabs her waist and pushes her away from me.

      "You little bitch!" She screeches at me, she tries to come closer, but a few guys from the crowd that had formed grab her and hold her back.

    "Calm down Arianna." I snap, getting fed up with her attitude. "Act your age for once. You're not two anymore, you're sixteen. So start acting like it."

    She lets out a harsh laugh, "I need to grow up? So do you! Who are you to tell me what to do? Newsflash, whore, you're sixteen and you're pregnant! So if anyone here needs a lot of growing up to do, it's you."

    I roll my eyes, "what? I'm pregnant? Wow, I didn't even notice," I say, letting sarcasm lace my words. "I know I have more growing up to do, I'm not stupid-"

    She cuts me off with a snort, "I'd say otherwise."

    I continue on, ignoring her, "but you're the one who's trying to pick a fight over a guy that wasn't even yours in the first place. Move on, he doesn't feel the same way about you, obviously. And you know what? It's pretty damn pathetic that you have to scheme around in order to get a guy to kiss you - or should I say for you to jump on him and kiss him when his girlfriend is about to enter the room. Here's some advice for you; go after someone who's not taken." I let a lazy smirk fall to my face as I say the famous words from my favorite TV show. "You're welcome."

    I turn around then, feeling a boost of satisfaction fill me as I walk away with my boyfriend and my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~

    "So, Bianca, it looks like you're roughly 26 weeks along, or 6 months." The doctor says as she measures my belly and proceeds to write down on her clip board. "You have about three months left of your pregnancy, assuming you make it through the full nine months. You might give birth earlier, but we'll try to prevent that." She turns to me. "Everything is looking good, but I suggest you eat healthier foods to benefit you and your baby more, and take it easy. Now, are there any questions you have to ask me?"

    "Yeah, my feet have been starting to swell up a lot lately. Can I do anything to help that?"

    "That's common with pregnancies. There's nothing you can really do besides trying to stay off your feet as much as possible, and wear comfortable shoes."

    I nod, "thanks." No way am I doing that. Comfortable shoes mean ugly shoes. I'll live through the pain and wear my Coach flip flops. I pull my shirt back over my stomach and hold my hand out to Dawson, who helps me up off of the cot.

    "I just want this baby out of me," I groan to Dawson as we walk to the car and get in. "I'm so tired of being pregnant. I just want to hold my baby in my arms." I pout.

    He laughs, grabbing my hand with his free hand as he starts the car and pulls out of the parking space. "I'm so excited to see our child. You're going to be a great mom." He kisses my hand as we get on the freeway to go to his house.

    I flash him a grin, "thanks. You'll be a great dad, I'm sure."

    He flashes me a smirk, "well, I'm me. Of course I'll be a great dad." I let out a laugh, rolling my eyes playfully as I bring my hand to my stomach, and pushing on it lightly, my smile breaking into a grin as I feel my unborn child kick me back lightly.