IM 18

(UnEdited)

~~~~

Embers quick thinking of asking him why he was back so soon, had seemed to of worked. No sooner did he begin babbling about the dress shop clerk and the many woman who were blissfully shopping for their gowns for this up comings event. It gave Ember time to collect her thoughts and tuck her book out of sight.

Continuing with his randomness Daniel waved his hands about while expressing his undying hate for prissy woman in heels who had the manors of a swing sprayed in overly priced perfume. Not a hundred percent sure what he was going on about, Ember chuckled never the less. His antics were amusing at least.

    “Oh listen to me, I sound like a hen.” He said with a huff and sending her a playful glare as she chuckled more.

    “Did you at least get a dress?” Ember asked raising a brow to his glare. Daniel snorted.

“Of course I did, you’d think your father would let me come back empty handed? Ha…I’d sooner face the pack then not return with the best dress for his Head Masters daughter” A light tease seemed to waft through Daniels words, but he also seemed to be holding quiet a bit of truth to them as well. With a quirky grin Ember rolled her eyes while proceeding to enter her room, Daniel chuckled opening her door as she stopped dead in her tracks.

There draped over a chair was the most stunningly elegant dress she’d ever seen. Its golden brightness reminded her of the suns rays with a hint of jealousy. She turned ever so slightly to eye Daniel who at this point was in full glee mode.

“I told you nothing but the best didn’t I?” He quirked stepping around her to lift the dress up for her to feast upon fully.  From what Ember could see it was going to be a flashy gown, with its very low cut back and hip hugging curves. She blushed at the thought of everyone staring at her in such an array of goldenness.

    “Daniel I think I am not ready for such a dress” She bit her lip, trying to decide what would be the best way to tell him she was feeling slightly…..self-conscious. His left brow rose before looking back at the gown.

    “Ember are you worried it wont look good on you?” He met her eyes once more. They held a softer tone, one in which Ember wasn’t sure she was pleased with.

    “I….I dunno” She bit her lip harder, daring to come closer to such an elegant outfit. It looked like it should have been worn by royalty, something she didn’t think she was.

“Well I think your over thinking the whole thing, and I ain’t going back into that darn store. This is custom made and should fit you perfectly. Or I’m going to make heads roll” With a snort Daniel hung the dress’s hanger hook over the bathroom door, allowing the white backdrop to further brighten the golden swirls.

    “Fine…” Was all she could muster with a dragged out childish tone. He really wouldn’t go back out, that much she could see.

~~~~~~

In the early morning hours he rubbed a tired hand over an equally tired face as the black ball point pen rolled across the desk. Even with all the last minute arrangements Terrance held onto the light smile across taught lips. All this work was for once in his life worth every struggle, every headache and even more so worth every dime he put into it…all because she was finally home where she belonged.

Turning his neck to the large window behind him, Terrance watched at the last remaining rays of sunlight pulled at the light blue of what posed to be a beautiful start to his daughters home coming.

Grinning with a heart felt smile Terrance signed for what felt like the first time in a long time. Not just a sign of relief, but of pleasure and love. The knock at his door spun his head around with a grunt for a reply. Stepping inside was a well groomed Daniel, the black on black tux suited his slender yet well built frame.

    “Alpha” He said bowing in respect, both hands down by his sides.

“Yes Daniel, something wrong?” Terrance frowned slightly to the thought of something not being remotely perfect.

    “No sir, I just wanted to let you know the guests would be arriving shortly, and your daughter is….well she’s stunning sir” Daniels cheeks flamed at the compliment, shaking his head he cleared his throat to redeem himself. Terrance smiled.

    “Is she now? I never did get a chance to see what you picked out for her…why is that?” His brow rose slightly. Normally Daniel told him every tiny detail as to what went about in the mansion, however now that Ember was running around he’d been less apt to doing so. Both a blessing and a curse Terrance thought to himself.