IM 22

((Unedited))

Hearing her name being called to gather a room full off people’s attention she didn’t know, bothered Ember greatly. She’d much rather slip in unnoticed shake a few hands, nibble on a few items and scamper out.

Bright lit up chandlers sparkled off what seemed like an even brighter golden dress. She was trying her best not to fidget about, but it was seemingly harder then she thought. Daniel smiled warmly as he walked deeper into the very vast room, where awaiting men and woman where dressed in the most stunning of all wear.

One by one they bowed heads, woman picked up long gowns while arching backs over. Ember’s face went flush, there had to be at least two hundred wolves bowing before her. Feeling a tightening effect over her throat Ember gulped doing her best to show no fear. It wasn’t working.

Even with so many eyes upon her, Ember felt like she was being studied. Watched so closely in fact it was making the hair on the back of her neck twitch rapidly. She scanned the room, making it seem like she was trying to greet everyone with a smile. When in fact all she really wanted to know was who or what was making her feel like a sheep to wolves.

When the sultry irises of blue waves crashed into her, Ember froze to his complete appearance. Everything about him radiated mysterious and dangerous. She had all these random things building onto of one another. It would have been fine had he just looked away, or even walked off. But his sneer caused a part of Ember to whimper.

Eternally she huffed, what were the chances she’d get rejected by two males in the same year. Shrugging off the feelings of more then one sour mood, Ember looked away. No sense in looking at something you can’t have. Daniel raised a brow, but a slight shake of her curls and he dropped it.

She hadn’t of been greeting members for more then a few minutes when she smelt him. He teeth ground together. Close enough to feel heat from his chest on her backside, Ember gave a slight eye look over one shoulder. Dressed in his best looking suit, her first rejection stood guard over her. A corner of her lip twitched.

Ember looked for Daniel, only to find she couldn’t see him. She frowned more.

Why was it when she needed his cover he was off doing god knows what. Picking up both sides of her dress, Ember walked off only to faintly hear his black leather shoes trailing behind her. Finger tightened around golden fabric. That was it, she’d had enough.

Spotting a ladies room she quickly dipped inside, only to hear the annoyed sound of him before door closed. She smirked. Looking around Ember sighed heavily leaning her back against one wall. Defiantly wasn’t cut out for all this glamour, and most certainly wasn’t ready to deal with him and whoever that other male was.

No, she was done trying to be what she wasn’t. Either her father would understand she wasn’t a princess type, or he wouldn’t. simple as that.

Un-strapping heels from already tired feet, Ember slung them over her should while walking to the closet window. With one hand she pushed it wide open allowing a warm breeze to filter inwards. Eyes closed to the large intake she took. Smells of wild flowers from that field she once ran across filled her nose.

Tossing out the heels she giggled stupidly as they bounced off the ground. It was a decent drop, but nothing she’d not fallen or jumped from before. Oh yea she was defiantly not princess material. Holding a bubble of a laugh down when one leg swung over the thresh, Ember braced herself while brining her other leg out as well.

A quick look around before she flung her golden body out, landing on her feet she breathed out a sigh of relief to fast as one foot slipped on leaves making her drop to her butt. Laughing when leaves billowed up into the air, she reached for her shoes holding them by straps. Leaves dropped from off her dress as a few stuck in her hair. Not bothering to remove them Ember checked around the corner to see if anyone had heard her. With the coast clear she grinned more.

Wiggling around Cricket chirped softly while yawning. Rubbing his head gently while walking onward, Ember hummed to herself. A clean get away as far as she was concerned, not to shabby for being pampered either. Instead of heading back to her room, where Daniel and many others were sure to look, Ember headed for a walk.

She very much liked walking in the woods around the Mansion, nothing but the sounds of nature filled her lungs and heart. A light sound of giggling perked her ears, getting closer to a river Ember peaked around a tree to find a few of the younger kids splashing around. Smiling as they kicked water at one another, she couldn’t help but sigh longingly as well.

Growing up with Len had its perks, but sometimes she’d felt like playing with kids at the towns they stopped in for supplies. But never wanting Len to wait on her, she never dared ask. Watching them squeal while running back and forth gave her a small smile, it was nice to see there was still happiness in her world.

With a light tug of her dress Ember squeaked when she felt a small hand on her hip. Looking down at the very blond blue eyed girl eased her fright some. Smiling with a few missing teeth, the child pointed to the waters edge before quickly snatching Embers hand and doing her best to pull her along.

Chuckling softly Ember went along with the child’s crazy idea coming to a stop at the river. Within seconds all eyes were on her, as another girl tilted her head some.

    “Your lady Ember?” She blinked rapidly before all of them bowed swiftly. Embers hands wagged back and forth.

    “Please don’t do that, its okay.” She blessed them with a big smile. A few heads popped up, some tilting to the sides in confusion.

    “But you’re the Head Masters daughter, were suppose to..” A small girl elbowed the older boy in the ribs scowling at him.

    “Don’t talk back” She hissed, then quickly smiled at Ember who laughed.

    “Its okay, you can say whatever you want around me. I don’t mind.” Ember tossed her shoes near a tree truck and walked into the water. Her dress floating on the surface the deeper she got.

Staring in awe the children didn’t make a move to stop her. Smirking Ember quickly gave a light splash to one of the boys, causing him to drop his bottom jaw. The same girl who dragged Ember to the shore giggled covering her mouth.

It didn’t take long for everyone to get comfortable with the idea of the Head Masters daughter splashing about and playing. If anything they were laughing harder.

Hoping to enjoy herself more Ember heard the deep clearing of a throat, bring her attention back to the shoreline where a cross looking Daniel stood. His foot was tapping, along with both arms crossed over his chest. Once the children heard him, they yelped taking off like a herd of frightened horses.

    “Ember! We have been looking every where for you” He was doing a weak job of holding down his amusement. Ember frowned back at him.

    “Am I not allowed to have fun on my day?” She barked, sliding through the waters towards him. Daniel huffed.

    “No your allowed, but your father…”

    “My father will either understand, or he wont. Its just that darn simple Daniel. I was hoping to have some fun without being paraded about like a show pony for some weird get together” She stomped onto the shore not even carrying as her dress dragged the dirty soaked ground. Swiping her heels Ember proceeded back towards the mansion.

Daniel groaned following after her.

    “Ember come on, I was worried” He pleaded for the tenth time.

    “Your not fair Daniel. Could of left me be once you found me, but nooo. You had to scare them away.” She frowned more to the idea of children being scared of Daniel. He was anything but scary.

With a heavy sigh Daniel rubbed his neck.

    “Its not my fault, your father…”

    “There you are, what on earth happened to you? Are you alright my dear?” Terrance looked slightly pale as he took in her appearance, then it went back to normal before shifting to bright red.

    “Daniel how could you…” Ember scowled at her father, blocking Daniel from his sight.

    “Daniel didn’t have anything to do with this, I was having fun.” She folded her arms puffing her slightly damp chest up. Her fathers face lightened some, before raising both brows.

    “Having fun?” He almost seemed puzzled with the idea that being soaking wet was fun. Little did he know the reason behind her soaking wet adventure.

    “Yes fun! I don’t want to be in there and looked at. It…it makes me uncomfortable.” She blushed, finally having the nerve to say something. Terrance didn’t say anything for a bit, then laughed as though it was a joke she was pulling over his eyes.

    “I am very sorry my dear, I didn’t know. Where did you go if I may be so bold” He chuckled knowing far to well she’d tell him, or Daniel’s tongue would turn to silver.

    “The river with some children.” Terrance’s eyes blinked faster.

    “Children? What children?”

    “The ones that were playing in the river” She didn’t understand his look of confusion till Daniel piped in.

    “The strays Head Master” Daniel whispered as a few eyes seemed to appear out of know where, from a few windows.
Terrance blinked more, then turned to Ember.

    “You spoke with the stray children?” She nodded still not getting what the big fuss was about.

    “Come with me my dear, we need to talk” Ember did as she was asked, getting more then a few looks from many members. Daniel followed behind them, doing his best to block her from their view. He was failing wonderfully, as her dress soaked the floor.

(Just giving you something to read while I work on more. ^-^/ Vote please)