IM 2

Across the River was a large man hair just as black as hers, while his eyes seemed icier then the coldest waters. In nothing more then a pair of long black shorts he studied Ember as she him, they hadn’t moved from their spots till something started to click inside her. A voice she’d once heard many years ago whispered encouraging words, soft and sublet as it was Ember hear her loud an clear.

~Soul~

The one word she kept repeating rocked Ember to the very core, Len had spoken of souls that were separated for years on end. When you found your other half they were just as drawn to you as a magnetic to another, but the look in his eyes said other wise. Growling at Ember from across the waters he leaped landing effetely on the fallen tree, it didn’t even shake as his heavier frame came upon it.

Stalking to her looking like a crazed being he stopped a foot from her snarling in so much hate, Ember distinctly remembered the old woman telling her this particular man didn’t like…her kind. Blue eyes flashes enough back lash to send her breathing into a frenzy of short intakes, small dark hairs on his face gave the man an impressive shadow that her fingers yearned to trail. Sniffing the air around her his face darkened if that was possible, taking a small step to her Ember backed up not liking his threatening posture.

    “What are you?” He hissed baring white fangs, even the mere thought of his mouth opening made her blood run cold. Ember stuttered for words to form, but they escaped her running for the hills.

    “I…I..I” Fingers twitched over the hilt of her dagger, she’d defend herself if need be.

    “You are not my soul, I deny you” Heavy breath sent his growl into Ember’s face pushing her let down hair back, the smell was intoxicating and drawing her closer. She wanted to plead with him to reconsider, but Ember had always been hard headed. Len had said she rivaled a jackass when she had it in her head she was right, Ember would not give the man an inch of her sorrow heart. Nodding at him it took his growling down a notch, had she felt the need to smirk at his initial shock she would have but it wouldn’t of done any good.

Knowing he’d not change his mind was fine with Ember, they just weren’t meant to be. So be it. That didn’t seem to satisfy him, before she could move away he griped her forearm sending a stingingly wonderful sensation though out the body part. Ember cause the dark swirl that flashed through the blue ice before vanishing completely, he’d felt it as well.

    “Do you know why?” Growling a throaty sound that curled her toes, Ember nodding once more unable to say the dreaded words.
    “Say it” Tightening his hold, Ember hissed a little at the grip. Frowning at him she deepened her arched brows, he so wanted her to speak it then fine…it would be her first and only words to him.
    “You don’t want someone like me” Yanking her arm out of his hold, it sent one of his feet backwards balancing him back. Holding her death glare Ember jumped off the tree headed back to her home, she’d had enough excitement for one day. Besides Len should have returned from his journey into town, and Ember was looking forward to the goodies he brought back for her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At the initial smell of her Dean couldn’t do anything but follow after it, leading him to the waters edge of a large river. It was so strong he was shivering in his skin, dying to see his other half- she’d be perfect just like him. The dark figure across the river stood to his splashing, her lengthy ebony hair curled at the bottoms shining like silk. Eyes with so much control he swore she was created out of the best materials, hazel gold streaks flashed her irises.

The longer Dean looked the more he saw she was not a pure breed, instead her smell turned to a mixture of a few things. Growling he’d never liked mix breeds, they always got the rep of causing trouble and trickery where ever they went. He’d not have his other half be of mixed blood, a leader of the second largest group to run wild Dean was not akin to something not perfect.

Coming to stand before her proved harder for him to endure as his soul begged to be closer, reining it back Dean snarled at her lovely face. She wasn’t homely looking that much was certain, a face made of soft tanned skin kissed by the suns best rays begged to be touched. The smell of the forest clung to her, like a moth to a flame. Those eyes watched him closing studying in all their fury, he wanted to know what she thought of him but didn’t dare ask.

Touching her had been a huge mistake sending his soul screaming for more, the beast in side agreeing as well. The loveliness of her face changed to a dark scowl when he told her to speak, that had been the second worst idea of the day. Her voice sounded like angels with so much authority he swore he was bleeding, when she answered his question it was clear she didn’t care. It hurt to think she didn’t want him, considering they were meant to be together.

Cold feelings swelled his chest when she ripped from his grasp, the wonderful shocks died almost instantly. Dean’s fingers twitched to grab her again but he stood tall, another glare of hate flew at him before the delicate woman landed on the ground making no sound. She could have been Fae or something similar, every step she took away from him pulled at the souls bond. Dean caught his foot rebelling as it inched forward, growling in frustration he leaped off the tree headed the same way she left.

Looking around the forest his eyes scanned looking for the blackest hair he’d ever seen, only to see tree after dark tree- she’d vanished. Beast cried out in his mind begging to know why Dean had done something so foolish, she’d never be seen again now. Already being rare to find your other half Dean had been lucky enough to set eyes upon his, then to toss it away like it was second best.

He’d now have to return empty handed, only to feel her around but never seen. Dean new well enough the little mix breed wouldn’t allow him to see her again, something about that made him shiver. She was stronger then he’d expected just by the way she held herself, never breaking eye contact had made his blood stir. Cursing himself for not finding out her name Dean rubbed his neck, what did it matter he’d never see her again anyways. It was time to return home…unfulfilled.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*

Treading through the underbrush Ember kept her wits about her, even with her mind thinking of him she couldn’t let that distract her from the dangers. She was madder then a kicked hornets nest, but throwing a toddler sized tantrum wouldn’t solve anything. He didn’t want her because she wasn’t pure, what a crock she thought. Snorting Ember shook her hair this was just another stepping stone, she had more pressing matters to deal with then her so called Soul mate not wanting her.

When the earthy brown cottage stuck into a tree came into view Ember felt her insides relax, white smoke puffed out of the mud stuck chimney. A signed that Len was home, allowing herself to smile for the first time today Ember rushed to see him. If anyone would make her feel better it was Len, the added bonus of trinkets always appealed to her as well. Some would think she’d had Elf blood because of her attraction to shinny objects, that was far from the truth Ember didn’t have a speck of Elfin blood in her body.

Pushing the handmade wooden door open Len’s scent filled her nose, her smile brightened when she caught the backside of him adding another log to the fire.

    “Len” Chirping his name, looking over his shoulder he smiled.
    “Ember” Nodding as she closed the door, heading to his side. Waiting patiently Ember blinked at him, surly the man had brought her something back. Len watched the fire before he turned to her, his eyes twinkled with so much information Ember found it hard to look away.

    “Ah?” Cocking his head to the side, Ember frowned she’d be more angry if he’d forgotten.
    “Len tell me you returned with something?”
    “Aye” Another nod before he looked back into the flames, growing tired of his childish games she pushed his shoulder.
    “Come on then, show me” Ember heard the soft chuckle before he stood to his large six foot size, it dwarf her smaller five nine. Watching as he headed for the large army green bag Ember took a few steps to him, the kitchen straight a head with its modern appliances. Thanks to magic you could live like the people in town without the noises that came with it, she mentally clapped when she thought about the luxury of having a real bathroom.

Turning around after shuffling through his bag Len kept one hand tucked behind his back, Ember frowned trying to see what he had. Grunting at her Len stopped her movements while dragging a finger over each of her eyes, groaning Ember closed her eyes like some child awaiting their surprise. Sticking her hands out Len grunted before placing the object gently into her open palms.

It was soft like velvet yet warm, at the movement of it Ember shot her eyes open thinking he’d gone and tricked her. He had a sick sense of humor when in the mood to make her squeal like a frightened rabbit, she’d never stopped checking the toilet for clear wrap as he seemed to think pee on the floor was funny. Specially since she’d have to clean it, cause he would simply vanish out of the house.

Large chocolate round eyes peered back at her, the soft fur was covered in a grey fashion with black stripes. Little bat like ears swizzle around picking up the crackling of wood burning, pink claw like hands hugged her fingers tightly. It squeaked a most precious sound, making Ember coo at it in adoration. She looked up at Len who seemed pleased with himself, he’d never gotten her something alive before. Mostly it was a new cd or a type of dessert she’d wanted to try from a magazine she’d seen.

    “Len what is it?” Ember had never seen such a cute creature in her forest before, and didn’t think anything this small and fuzzy would last very long without being evil. But she couldn’t feel a single strand of darkness inside the little fella, if anything he was so pure and wholesome it made Ember feel dirty.

    “Sugar Glider, do ye like him?” Ember giggled instead of bringing her home something sweet to eat, Len had brought her home a pet named after a treat.
    “Yes, I love him. Thank you Len” He grunted before patting her head, walking to his favorite seat by the fire.

Stroking the soft head of her new pet Ember thought of a name, he was going to need one to be called by. Racking her brain nothing seemed to come to her, a cricket chirped to the side of her which sent the little head of her pet looking. His ears turned while eyes focused on the bug, before she could stop him he jumped spreading out large flaps of skin from under his arms. Ember shrieked thinking the little thing would hurt its self, Len looked over at her chuckling.

“He flies?” Ember gasped as the glider landed on the cricket eating its head off first, Len laughed deeply nodding.
    “Nay, he glides” Ember looked back at her pet, he’d sat on the floor munching away at the black legs of a half eaten cricket. Half amused while being a little discussed Ember chuckled, this was going to make for an interesting year.
    “Cricket” She announced causing Len to raise a brow, pointing at her pet she smiled.
    “I’m naming him Cricket” Len rolled his eyes waving at her, he thought it was foolish to name creatures but then again they’d never had a pet before.

    “Cricket come here” Like he already understood her, the little creature scampered up to Ember scaling her leg before coming to a sit on her shoulder.
    “He’s smart to” Walking over to Len, Ember sat down on a small love seat. Cricket rubbed his little hands over his face cleaning as he went before crawling down between Embers breasts, she yipped at the suddenness of it making Len shake his head.
    “What’s he doing?” She asked looking worried, Len snorted.

    “He’s a night dweller, and likes warmth.” Ember glared at him, Len was finding this way to amusing for her tastes. He’d known all along the creature was a night animal and would find a warm dark place to hide in, which just so happened to be her large breasts. Len didn’t seem at all uncomfortable about the whole scenario if anything he seemed almost glee about knowing the important piece of information, while withholding it from Ember.