IM 6

They walked in silence which seemed to be fine with Russ as he was chewing his cheek, heading into a small hotel they ordered a room to which Ember nearly died of a heart attack.

        “I’m sorry but we only have one room left.” The hopper replied looking between the two, Ember rubbed her neck…this was awkward.
        “How many beds?” Ember asked which seemed to literary shock Russ into a state of furious fidgeting, she’d have to ask him if all his hot rugged bold flirting was just a front. Virgin?
        “One, but I can have another put in if you’d like. The room is fairly large” Ember turned to Russ who was still mouthing the air like a gold fish, slapping his arm he snapped his jaw shut.
        “Is that cool with you? We can split the fee?” He nodded still unable to form coherent words.
        “Yes please, well do that” Ember smiled handing the man her side of the money since Russ had already paid his half. Nodding the man handed her a room key with intricate designs before scurrying off to get help with the extra bed.

Heading upstairs Russ trailed behind her like a lost puppy, rolling her eyes as she pushed the key into the lock Ember opened the room. Russ hesitated before quickly stepping in closing the door, chuckling to herself Ember swore the man was going to die of a heart attack. Dropping her bag to the chair Ember stretched out as Cricket climbed onto her shoulder, turning around she saw Russ staring at her.

        “What?” Holding her hips.
        “Nothing” Shaking his head, while taking a look at Cricket.
        “You better not be thinking of eating him, I’ll destroy you if you hurt my little man” Cricket chirped rubbing his face to her cheek, Russ took a step to them carefully like she was some kind of deer.
        “Aw Ember….why…why did you room with me?”
        “I thought you said it was okay?” Ember looked at him, was he rethinking it.
        “No it is, but why?” Ember shrugged, why did it matter.
        “Why’s it such a big deal?”
        “Cause you just met me, didn’t that ever cross your mind?” Russ looked mortified for some strange reason, which amused Ember. She’d never been able to get this kind of a reaction of out Len, that man was a stone wall when it came to emotions.
        “Russ…are you saying you don’t like me cause I’m a half breed?” It was just to damn easy, and his face was priceless.

        “What? No, of course not. Hell I’m a half breed, but look at you compared to me” Waving his hand between them, Ember frowned. She wasn’t sure who he was dissing but didn’t like it either way, sure they were half breeds and others didn’t seem to like that much- but why in the hell did it matter who their parents fell for.
        “You better knock that shit off, I don’t care what you look like. Your still a living breathing creature who has feelings, and there’s nothing wrong with being a half breed…no matter what anyone says” Part of that was them, while still trying to convince herself that he would never feel the same way.

The door knocked making Russ walk to it, at it opening a woman with a long tail walked in carrying a twin sized bed. Thanking him Ember smiled sweetly which cause his throat to clog, nodding he took one look at Russ while muttering ‘lucky bastard’ before closing the door. Ember raised both her brows, wondering what that had been about. Turning to Russ he sat on the original bed rubbing his face, shrugged she’d ask when she was done with her shower.

        “I’ll be back” She said walking into the bathroom, Russ raised his hand to talk to her but the door closed. Ember dropped her leggings after taking her boots off, her clothes were in need of a good washing. Calling for Cricket Ember placed him on a high shelf so he could over see everything, she found that high places suited him best…which might have been a coincidence  considering so did she.

Once the water grew warmer Ember climbed in washing the grim off herself, it felt so good to be clean even her hair was starting to rebel. A loud chirp rang out making Ember move the curtain, Cricket in all his frustration was trying to get to her. He’d crawled to the edge of the shelf looking for a place to leap, giggling Ember stepped out of the shower reaching for him. With a skillful leap Cricket gripped her forearm looking relieved, rubbing his ears she stepped back into the shower making sure not to get him in directly with the water.

With her and Cricket squeaky clean Ember dried them both off, pulling on her undergarments she washed her leggings and top cover, hanging them up out of the way incase Russ wanted to shower as well. With her hair tossed to one side and Cricket on the other licking himself dry Ember opened the bath door shaking the towel through her hair, Russ looked up only to drop his jaw to the floor.

        “Ember…” He stammered.
        “Yea?” Still shaking her hair, it was hard work getting hair this shiny.
        “You can’t walk about like that” His eyes couldn’t look away from her body, turning to him Ember stopped shaking her hair.
        “But I’m covered?” She never understood why it was such a big deal, every woman had the same parts she had…so why were hers such a big deal.
        “Barely” Snapping, his hand dragging over his tired looking face, it wasn’t till he looked back at her that his throat bobbed.
        “I don’t understand” Ember huffed dropped to the bed where he once sat, grumbling Russ sat in a chair.