Chapter 20

Weeeh, another update :3 And it's a long one too^^

Enjoy everybody <3

----------------------------------------------

Two hours later we'd bought clothes, shoes, makeup, even some hats and beanies, and girly items. Those I bought my myself though, I just asked for money and ran off.

He seriously trusted me that much. I wore the collar, but he didn't bother with the leash.

It's nice though. Knowing he trusts me that much, and his own kind for that sake.

Whenever he met someone he knew, they always complimented me or told Colt he did a great job training me.

Truth is; I'm myself.

The weird thing about this, I'm still here. I haven't tried anything on running away from him.

Why? Don't you wanna see your dad again? Make sure he's alive?

Dad. I swallowed back the lump in my throat, feeling my stomach do a 360 flip. My palms were slightly sweaty and my heart was beating rapidly.

What's happening to me?

Colt handed me a strawberry milkshake and smiled kindly at me. I mumbled a thank you and put the straw in my mouth.

The thick and cold liquid calmed me down, even if it was just the slightest. I seriously don't know what happened to me.

"Now the only thing left's the dress," he smirked and sipped on his vanilla milkshake.

I sighed heavily and dropped my head. "Why do I need a dress?"

He leaned forward and supported his forearms on his knees, playing with the straw in his milkshake.

"I'm invited to a black and white formal party," he said, still not looking at me. "And I'm taking you with me."

Now he looked at me and his eyes sparkled, showing sweetness and something I couldn't identify.

Oh how much I wanted to read him, like he easily reads me. As if I was an open book which yelled 'read me!', without any difficulties. And he's like a freaking sealed secret with a barrier only himself can break through.

"You're taking me? Why? I'm your pet, pets aren't supposed to come to formal parties last time I checked," I wrinkled my eyebrows at him.

Why would he bring me? They would look at me like jocks used to look at nerds, like they were freaks. Or like on the first party, like I'm a piece of fresh meat.

He gave me a grin, which scared me to death. Oh god the irony in that.

He grabbed three of the bags in his free hand and jerked his head, signalizing me to get up.

I stood up and grabbed the two remaining bags in my free hand, balancing my milkshake and book in my other hand.

Yup, I brought the book to the mall. I'm addicted to it and he allowed me, he told me I could read while he tried on suits or smokings.

I wasn't too confident about going into an all male store even with him by my side. So I'd found a nice spot next to the store and sat down, reading.

No one barely noticed me if I was quiet anyway. Or they knew I belonged to Colt so they wouldn't dare touching me.

All in all at this shopping trip, I'd got to read two and a half chapter. And that's actually a lot, considering one chapter's around 27-32 pages. I told you it's a thick book.