Chapter 12

Sorry I didn't update twice yesterday, but it was a maybe so I didn't break a promise >.<

Over 200 readers!! Thank you <3 And thank you all so much for the lovely comments, I appreciate them! <3

Here you go :3

----------------------------------------------

We walked around in Colt's huge garden in a peaceful silence. Nick greeted a few of his own every now and then.

I nodded my respects. Getting compliments on how good I smelled, looked or behaved.

"Is she yours?" A woman asked and stopped in her tracks to look at me.

"No, my lady, I wish. She's actually your son's pet, I'm just taking her out for a walk." Nick replied with a smile.

Son? Is this woman Colt's mom? She looks so different from him.

Her long, black and silky hair went down to her lower back. Her eyes as bright as the moon itself. Her blood red lips reminding me of Colt's eyes.

Why didn't Colt have black hair? Isn't black supposed to be dominantly over blonde or light colors?

"Oh Nicklas." She stroke my cheek and took a light grip on my chin, tilting my head up to look at her. "She's lovely."

"I know, my lady." "She got the beauty of a vampire, but she still smells like a tiny human."

Was that half a compliment? It had to be the slightest, being called as beautiful as a vampire's a honor.

"Have you given my son what he wants and needs?" she asked, letting go of my chin.

"Yes, my lady," I nodded and kept my head down, looking at the ground.

"Go on then," she said and waved Nick off. "Nice seeing you again, my lady." He lightly kissed her knuckles and I watched her leave.

"Come on." He pulled slightly on my leash and we kept walking around the garden.

A little pond with a few small ducklings was in the center of the garden. So cute!

"Wanna feed them?" Nick asked when he saw me looking at the tiny little creatures.

"Really?" I answered smilingly, turning to face him. He nodded and pulled a wrapped sandwich out of his pocket.

"My mom shoved it in my pocket before I left, she was afraid I wouldn't get any food," he chuckled. I smiled in return.

Over his shoulder I saw straight into Colt's room, where he and Lisanna were trying to eat each other.

The reason she wanted Nick to take me for a walk.

"Here you go." He handed me the small pieces of his bread and walked over to the pond.

The tiniest duckling caught my eye. So small and fragile, standing out from the others.

It reminded me of 'The Ugly Duckling'.

It swam up to me and begged for food as the others did. I threw small pieces into the water, small enough for them so they could swallow.

"Hey there little guy," I smiled when the tiniest duckling came closer. I saw Nick smile at me from the corner of my eye.

I reached a small piece of bread towards it, causing it to come even closer. "Hey you," I smiled.

It snapped it out of my hand, happy to get food. I was about to ask Nick something, but 'don't speak unless you're spoken too first.'

"Just talk, I won't tell Colt," he smirked and sat down beside me.

I smiled at him; "Where's their mother?" He looked at the pond and shrugged; "I don't know."

He looked down at my feet; "Look, somebody likes you."

I wrinkled my eyebrows at him and looked down too. The little duckling was cuddling up to my foot, it'd come out of the pond.

"So cute," I smiled and patted its head with my index finger.

"You got a new friend and these guys got a new mommy," he chuckled and nodded at the others.

I just hope I get permission to come out here and feed them.

"So when do you think those two are done?" He bumped my shoulder with his and nodded his head towards the house.

"I don't know," I shrugged and laughed; "Didn't Colt say they were over?"

"Yeah, they are, but Lisanna's not done with him yet," he said. Disgust written all over his face.

----------------------------------------------

What do you guys think about Nick? He's a sweet guy right?

Hope you guys liked this chapter! ^^

Please comment, vote and share<3