Chapter 14: Making Amends

(A few weeks later with much effort)

Charlie and Carter sit facing the entire Reagan clan (minus Linda and the kids), Dan, Serena, Nate, Chuck and Blair. Caroline is baffled, but nevertheless, she wants Carter to take responsibility even when Charles is disagreeing.

"You're still an insect to me, but I cannot deny that you're Charles Flynn's father and he needs his father more than he needs me", said Chuck, reluctantly giving his consent.

"Charles Flynn will need everyone in his life, Chuck and we both know how much he loves you", says Charlie.

"I got my eyes on you. I know who you are. You hurt them, you'll be sorry you ever did. If it weren't for Charlie, you'd be dead", says Nate.

"Break her heart and I'll make sure to make your life a living hell. I know Charlotte and I are not that close, but her son is my godson, so watch it", says Blair.

"If I'd known she was pregnant with your kid, I'd make you go back to her. I really do wish I could just turn back the time", says Serena.

"And I should've listened to you", says Carter, finally voicing out.

"You don't know me, but be prepared to get your ass kick if you break her heart", says Dan, feeling a little protective.

"Central Park is big. If I bury you there, no one will find you if you dare to break her heart like you did before", says Danny.

"I'm with Danny", says Jaime.

"Guys, I'll be fine", says Charlie.

"Charlotte, we just want him to understand and we would like him to be clear of certain things", says Caroline.

"I love my little girl. You broke her once, don't do it again. My forensic skills may not be as good as I used to, but I can make you disappear from the face of the Earth. As much as I want to do that, my grandson needs his father. Don't disappoint them again", says Charles.

"You have no idea what we have to do to get her spirit back up. I may be old, but don't think I will not fight", says Henry.

"Dad, you're gonna break something if you fight", says Frank.

"Better my bones than my granddaughter's heart", says Henry, "Now, who's hungry".

Later

Charlie settles herself in Carter's king size bed after tucking Charles Flynn to his new bed. It took a while for Charles Flynn to readjust to a new home.

"That wasn't so bad, no maiming or whatsoever", says Charlie.

"Yeah, your dad, Uncle Frank and Grandpa Henry nearly stuffed me into the oven", says Carter, "Charlotte I just want you to know that when I decided to have a fling with Blair, it was actually to protect you".

Charlie looks at him curiously. "Was that when you and Chuck were fighting over some chick and you gave her money to disappear?", she asks.

Carter nods. "Originally, in order to screw Bass, the Gentlemen Club asked me to use you against him, but I said I wouldn't do it. They said it's either you or me, so I suggested Waldorf instead, since we all know how he feels about her. When you told me that you were pregnant, I..., I had to be a jerk to protect you from them", he says.

Charlie studies him. "Why didn't you say anything", she asks.

Carter sighs. "The thought of you as a pawn irks me. The thought of my own flesh and blood in jeopardy doesn't sit with me. I couldn't let them touch you and I knew I had to protect you somehow", he says. "I love you, Charlotte. I love our son. You don't know how happy I was when you told me you were pregnant. I wish I could just go back. I wanna hold him when you gave birth to him. I want to be able to kiss him, hug him and you and keep you two safe. It was the only option I had at the time".

Charlie kisses him, lips linger on his. "I love you, idiot. Our son loves you, but..., it will take time. Chuck is the father figure he looked up to, but I know..., you and him will bond. He loves you, but he may not say it. Now now", says Charlie.

"I have to win his trust first before he can love me like he does with Chuck", says Carter.

"You will..., in time", she says.

Unbeknownst to them, Charles Flynn was about to knock on their door, but he eavesdrops instead. He understands now. He feels guilty for thinking that his father had never love him. Charles Flynn goes to bed with a new goal now.