Chapter 9: Bump Into Each Other

A/N: minor crossover with CSI:NY

Charlie arrives at the crime lab and is greeted by a bouquet of pink roses. He remembers tiny details when it serves his purposes.

"Someone has an admirer", says her boss, Det. Mac Taylor greets her.

"Ex-suitor who also happens to be Charles Flynn's absent father", says Charlie. Mac leans by the door way.

"Why would he give you flowers if he disappears and doesn't want Charles Flynn in the first place?", he asks. Charlie shrugs as her fingers trace one of the petals. "Do you still love him?", asks Mac again.

"Apart of me is questioning my feelings for him, but the other part is yelling for me to drown him alive or beat him to death", says Charlie.

"You don't want to sit and talk with him first? See his motives?", says Mac.

"Last time I did, I got pregnant and he left me", says Charlie, "Can we skip about this and let's just go to a crime scene". Mac couldn't agree more. He let Charlie gathers her kit while he waits downstairs.

As she heads outside, she bumps into Carter. Charlie tries to evade him, but he stops her by pulling her arm and into his embrace. "Let me go, Baizen", she says, trying to pry him off of her.

"Not until you listen to me first!", says Carter, eyes pleading her to listen.

"Let her go", Carter feels a gun on the back of his head. He turns to see Charlie's cousin, Det. Danny Reagan.

Once he let Charlie go, Danny tells Charlie to go and she leaves with Mac towards the crime scene. "Come near her again and you're finished", says Danny, "You don't deserve her, you never will. Charlie and Charles Flynn are better off without you".

"I'm hoping so much to disappoint you in that", says Carter. He slowly backs away before leaving.