Chapter 2: Affairs

(If anyone is confused, I'm writing a longer version the one from my IG account and I'm editing some details in since IG actually set limits on how long I can post)

Senior feels fun while it last. Last Charlie had seen Carter was one date after their reunion at the cotilion. Then, he disappeared. Charlie didn't eat or sleep properly due to the depression and the heart break. It took her entire family to convince her that she should not mourn over an unrequited love.

Charlie grows closer to her mother and she starts to befriend some of UES residents, especially Chuck Bass. She's probably one of the rare girls to resist Chuck's charm and they end up becoming good friends, along with Nate. Blair is a little reluctant and Charlie cannot force that. Friendships come natural, right?

Carter returns, according to Chuck. "I know your little feelings for him, C, but he's a total douche bag and an insect not worthy at all to be here. I hope you stay away from him", he says.

"If he bothers me, I'll just shoot him", says Charlie. Sadly, the temptations are too hard to resist. Carter chases her around until she eventually agrees to talk to him.

"Charlie please!", says Carter as he grabs a hold of her arm, but Charlie shoves him away.

"You leave without a word! What am I to you?! Some kind of fling?!", Charlie yells.

"Can you please listen to me?", he pleads.

"Why should I?!", says Charlie.

"Because I love you!", says Carter and Charlie can tell that he's not lying. "I love you from the first time I met you. I love that awkward Brooklyn girl I met at the library. I left..., thinking that I could protect you, but in the end, I hurt the woman I love", he says.

"Carter..., it hurt for me to not know what your intentions are. It hurt to know that you left without a word and I never know what you feel for me", she says.

"A lot is going on. I'm doing all this so I know you're safe", he says.

"Safe from what? Your excuses of lies?!", she questions him.

"I can't tell you...", he says, tears are welling in his eyes.

"What is this secret that you're harbouring so bad that you can't tell me? If you want a relationship to work, you have to be honest", says Charlie. She leaves when he couldn't answer her.

(Sometime Later...)

Charlie arrives to find Chuck drinking alone. "Someone had a bad day", she says.

"Not as much as you..., I heard he chased you all over Manhattan", says Chuck.

"I turned him down. I can't have someone keeping secrets from me", says Charlie.

"Some secrets are meant to be secrets", says Chuck before downing his cup of whiskey. Then, they see a reflection in the mirror that cause the two to turn.

"Isn't that Blair?", says Charlie.

"With that insect?", Chuck growls. He's about to follow them when Charlie stops him.

"You're drunk. Go home and get some sleep. We'll go to her place tomorrow", says Charlie.

"How do you know..., *hic* he'll be at her place?", Chuck slurs a little.

"Judging from what he always does, I have a hunch", says Charlie.

(The next day)

Charlie was right and Chuck could feel the rage rising up in him. This man before him, declare his love for his friend and now, betraying it. Charlie is probably one of the people he considers a friend and someone he trusts. Seeing this will break her heart.

"What are you doing with this insect?", Chuck asks, growling slightly.

"Having the time of my life, thank you very much", says Blair as she casually holds Carter's hand that's resting on her shoulder.

"Well, as much as I enjoy bursting your bubbles, he's just using you to get to me. Ask him about his role as a kidnapper in a secret gentlemen's club? I should know - I had him expelled", says Chuck.

"Oh please, all I did was bring that girl to a waiting pile of cash, which I understood she gladly took before leaving town without you", says Carter with a smug on his face.

"Blair..., this guy-", Chuck tries to help her, but she cuts him down.

"What? Dishonest? Bad news? He can't be any worse than you?", she says.

"I'm the one trying to help you!", says Chuck.

""Helping me? Is that what you're trying to do with your little gentlemen's club while my life goes up in flames?", says Blair, "I rather take Carter's help".

Chuck couldn't believe it. He walks away, but then he just have to say it. He turns around and walks back. "Fine, do whatever it is you want, but for God's sake, you leave her out of this", he says.

"I think I can handle myself, Chuck, thank you", says Blair.

"You're always full of yourself, Blair. I wasn't talking about you", says Chuck and Carter's smug turns the opposite. "If I were you, I'd tell her, but if you won't, she won't be happy if it comes from my mouth, Baizen", says Chuck before walking away. He always have a card up his sleeves. This is the one card he's hoping not to use, but he had to.