Chapter 10: Dilemma

Charlie just stares at her ceiling. "I hate him, but he makes me love him despite all the fault he has", she whispers to herself. She covers her face with her pillow to muffle her frustration scream.

Then, her phone vibrates. It's Carter. She ignores a few calls until she decides to just answer out of curiousity. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing your sleep, beautiful", he says.

"Good, now I can go back to sleep", she says.

"Wait!", he says to stop her from hanging up, but Charlie presses the end call button anyway and smiles triumphantly. Then, he texts her. "Please listen, I know I messed up big time. Give me a chance to make up to you for the 10 years I missed in his life. I'm in agony, Charlotte. Please don't shut me out", he says.

"Such irony. Where could I heard it before?", she types.

"Charlotte darling, please just listen to what I have to say. If you don't want to be together with me, I understand", he types. When he said that, her blood boils. How dare he?!

"It's easy for you to say it! I wish I had said no back at the cotilion, during senior year and the day I gave myself to you!", she types. Afterwards, Charlotte switches off her phone and cries. Idiot! Did he think just by saying that it was that easy to just slither his way back into her life?

He ruined everyone's life. He doesn't even care about the damages that he has caused, especially Charlie. She brought his son into this world when he left her. Charles Flynn is innocent and doesn't deserve to be pulled into this mess. Charlie has to keep him away from Carter no matter what.