Chapter 8: Hate That I Love You

Charlie can't be mad at her son. It wasn't his fault anyways. Her foot taps anxiously as the tone rings. To be honest, she doesn't want to do this, but she wants to know why he returns after all these years.

"Hello beautiful", Carter greets her as he picks up the call.

"How dare you come near my son?! After all these years, you told me that he wasn't yours and you were never there for him! Yet you dare to call him your son!", says Charlie. Her blood is boiling alright.

"He's our son, Charlotte. I'm his father", says Carter.

"Screw you, Baizen. Don't you ever come near him again or I swear I will shoot you", says Charlie.

"You won't because you still love me", says Carter. Charlie immediately hangs up. No matter how much she tries to deny it, he is right. How could she love a man who left her while she's pregnant for another woman?

Charlie did forgive Serena eventually, but the scar that was left was too deep that she couldn't trust her anymore. Charlie can be friendly around others with Serena, but both knew that Charlie was never the same anymore.

Charlie gets up and heads over to Charles Flynn's room. The young teen was sleeping soundly. His wall, the one he painted himself, makes it looks like he's sleeping beneath stars. His decoration of collectable items, adorned the shelves. His books are neatly placed on the open cabinets next to his study desk.

He looks so much like Carter, but he's a Reagan. He dreams to be a detective like the rest of his family members. Charlie closes the door quietly and walks back to her room. Her phone is flooded by messages from Carter, but she ignores it. She dials for her cousin - Erin Reagan.

"I know you love owls, but it's no reason to wake up me at this hour", says Erin.

"Ha ha, very funny, morning pigeon", says Charlie, sassily.

"What's wrong?", asks Erin.

"Carter's back and he went to the school to find Charles Flynn", says Charlie.

"Shit, what happened?", Erin asks again.

"Chuck came and told the boys to wait in the car. It's not hard to miss since they look almost alike", says Charlie, "I'm worried he's gonna ask for custody".

"He hasn't done anything like kidnapping his own son. If he does request for a joint custody, we at least have evidence of his disappearence and witness to his testamony that he doesn't acknowledge Charles Flynn is his son. For now, remain calm", says Erin.

"It's not just Charles Flynn I'm worried about, Erin", says Charlie.

"If you're telling me you still love that jerk, I will murder you", says Erin.

"That's what I'm worried about. He's cunning and manipulative", says Charlie.

"FIght it, Charlie. I know you're strong. If he truly loves you, he won't do anything to hurt you and your son", says Erin.

"I know. Thanks, Erin", says Charlie.

"You're welcome. Now, go and get some rest. Try not to think much of him", says Erin before hanging up.