Chapter 13: Feelings

Everyone just stares at Charlie after Nate confronted her and she told them what had happened last night. "You can't give in to him", says Chuck. Rumours are spreading that Carter is badly injured.

"I never thought tossing him would cause him such injury", says Charlie.

"He's a world class liar, C, you can't just believe him", says Serena. Both know Carter and his antics.

"Please tell me you don't plan on going to his place", says Nate. Charlie keeps thinking about the key in her purse. She should've thrown it away years ago.

"Look, I'll just be there for five minute then I'll leave", says Charlie.

"You will not take Charles Flynn with you", says Chuck.

"Chuck, it'll be fine", says Charlie.

"I doubt that. He seduced you more than once and I know you, Charlotte. Deep down, you still love him", says Chuck.

"Guys, ultimately, it's her decision and we can only support her", says Dan, causing everyone to turn to him and glare.

"Not in my life", says Nate.

"He betrayed us once, what makes you think he won't do the same?", says Chuck.

"The fact that he keeps pestering Charlie? What if his intention is actually what he said?", says Dan.

Chuck chuckles. Carter Baizen telling the truth? "Even if he does tell the truth, he's a repeated offender. He'll do it again", says Chuck.

"Look, Charlie. Whatever happens, it's all up to you", says Dan.

"What? No, Charlotte, don't do it", says Blair. Charlie sighs, undecided on what to do.

Charles Flynn and Henry sit by the stairs, eavesdropping. He doesn't understand. Why does his mother still love a man when he left her years ago?

"What's gonna happen?", asks Henry.

"To be honest, I don't know, Henry", says Charles Flynn.

"I know he did bad things, but you always told me that no matter what, everyone deserves a second chance", says Henry.

"I'm not sure he even deserves a second chance or any chance at all", says Charles Flynn.

"How do you know he doesn't deserve it when you don't even let him?", asks Henry. Charles Flynn sighs and rests his head by the wall.

Later, she drives to his apartment with a scowling Charles Flynn. Against her better judgement, Charlie decides to just square it once and for all.

"Why do I have to come?", asks Charles Flynn.

"We'll just be there for five minute and then, we'll go get ice cream ok?", says Charlie. Charles Flynn sighs and nods. Charlie unlocks his apartment using the key he had given her 10 years ago.

The townhouse is huge, maybe not as huge as Uncle Chuck's in Charles Flynn's opinion. When they enter his bedroom, they see Carter in his singlet and PJ pants, asleep in his king sized bed.

"See? He's fine", says Charles Flynn quietly. He didn't want to deal with him at the moement. Charlie approach the bed and sees that Carter is fine.

"Yup, let's go", says Charlie. When Charlie is about to walk away, Carter grabs her hand and pulls her down.

"You wound me and you don't feel sorry", says Carter.

"You deserve it. I should've thrown you outta the window", says Charlie. Charles Flynn tries to hold back his snickering and the way his face forms reminds Charlie of Carter. "Sweetheart come here", says Charlie, beckoning her son to come over and Charles Flynn walks over to her. "Should we give him a chance, honey?", says Charlie.

"I'm debating on it", says Charles Flynn.

"I'll do anything, so we could be a family again. I know I lied to you a lot in the past, but I'm here now", says Carter. He looks and sounds sincere, which Charlie is doubting.

"You won't leave? For real?", asks Charles Flynn.

"I'm sorry for everything that hurts your feelings. I'll make it up to you. I swear", says Carter.

"I wonder what grandpa and the rest of the Reagan would say", says Charles Flynn.

"Don't worry, if he does survive, he would be scarred a little", says Charlie.