chapter thirty-two

i woke up in annie's room not remembering that i confessed my love to carter last night.  when i remembered i was too afraid to look at my phone so i just laid on the floor waiting for the others to wake up.

probably twenty minutes later i hear mindy shuffle around then a thud and an "ow" coming from annie.

"sorry," mindy said.

"are you guys awake?" i asked.

"i am now."

"someone wake taylor up this is really important."

mindy nudged her a couple of times and told her that i needed to tell them something. "ok now spit it out."

"last night i was a little drunk and texted carter saying i loved him."

"WHAT!?" they all yell at the same time.

"do you really love him or were you really just that drunk?" annie asked seriously.

i hung my head trying to hide the fact that i was smiling thinking about how  in lovei was with this boy who is way out of my league. "i really fucking love him."

they all cheered and attacked me. mindy grabbed my phone but didn't unlock it. "can i look at it?"i thought about it but nodded.

she opened my phone and she furrowed her eyebrows then handed me my phone. i took it and looked at it.

carter

call me when you can

my eyes widened, "he didn't say it back."

"what if thats why he wants to call you, to tell you over the phone, its better than text since he can't tell you in person." taylor said trying to reassure me.

"i don't know, its been a little more than a month it's a little soon to be saying i love you." i shrugged. "im going to go call him ill be back." i said getting up and going outside on the front steps to call him.

"hello?"

"hey carter, its uh devon."

"oh hey!"

"hi, so we should probably talk huh."

"yeah, uh, did you mean what you said?"

"i mean when i texted you i was drunk but looking back at it this morning i don't regret it. so yeah i mean it."

"good, because i mean this, devon chamberlain i love you too."

i let out a sigh of relief, "oh my gosh i thought you were going to stop talking to me."

"why would i do that?!"

"i don't know i just never thought you would even be interested in me" i laugh a little.

"i just can't believe i met you and you were willing to date me." we laugh together, "well i have to go we have practice, i love you devon."

"i love you too carter."

-

[a/n oof what a chapter, and fREDDIE IS A LEGEND AHHHH]