chapter six

i drove to the rink that carter told me to go to after i stopped at the house to change my top into something more presentable and to grab my skates. i grabbed my keys and phone and head to meet up with carter. annie, mindy and taylor had messaged the group chat reminding me to have fun and not worry so much.

i pulled up to the rink and grabbed my skates from the passenger seat. i automatically see carter, he eventually sees me and smiles.

"hey!" i said walking up to him.

"hi! you have your own skates?" he questioned.

i laughed awkwardly, "yeah, i may have lied when i said i didn't keep up with hockey but i guess i do. i used to play a lot when i was younger but realized i liked figure skating more. so I've had these skates for awhile."

we started towards the entrance. "so if you do know about hockey then you must be a fan of the canucks."

"well if my dad asks im a fan of them but i prefer toronto, my mom was a fan of them."

he was about to say something but was interrupted when it was our turn to pay. he handed a man some money then we proceeded to go put our skates on.

"sorry if i knew we had to pay i would've payed." i said playing with my sweater.

"oh no its all good, its on me." he smiled.

we sat on a bench and started putting our skates on. we both didn't take long but he still got his one first. he put his belongings in a small cubby, he said he didn't need a locker because who would steal his shoes? i gave him my phone so he could put it in his pocket and he put my converse with his shoes. i finished tying my skates then got up.

"you ready?" he held out his hand and i grabbed it.

"lets go," i take the first step on the ice. "i havent done this in a while so don't laugh if i fall," i said still holding his hand.

he smiled wide, "ill try not to."

we started skating not saying anything. after doing a lap without falling i let go of his hand to speed up. he struggled to keep up.

"i thought you were the famous hockey player!?" i yelled skating backwards.

"i am! but im the goalie! im not required to skate fast!" i giggled. i slowed down so he could catch up, he put his hand out again so i could drag him around. but he surprised me when he twirled me around. "up next, tessa virtue and scott moir!" he said making me laugh, a lot.

"ugh i wish i was that good!" i gushed. we skated and goofed around for another hour or two before carter had to leave, he had another game. "i didn't realize you had a game today."

"its ok, i probably could have told you. do you want to come? i could probably get you tickets somehow." he said putting his shoes back on.

"oh no, its ok. thanks though." i finished tying my laces to my converse and stood up. "thanks for everything, i had a lot of fun."

"yeah me too, im glad we ditched sutter and annie." we both chuckled. "well i have to go but ill talk to you later." i nodded and was about to say bye when he spoke first, "oh heres you phone!" he took my phone out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"thanks, again. bye carter."

"bye tessa virtue!" and with that i got into my car smiling like an idiot.

-

[a/n i love tess and scott sm]