chapter three

we left the diner me paying for jackie and i, and carter paying for himself.

"im so tired," jackie groaned as it hadn't even been five minutes since we started walking.

"here," carter stopped in his tracks, lowered his knees and opened his arms. jackie jumped into his arms and he carried her to our house. she rested her head on his shoulder and started to fall asleep.

"so, are you still in high school?"

"yeah, senior year, a little more than a semester to go. what about you? do you go to school and play hockey?"

"i did online school, i got it done quick so i wouldn't have to worry about it."

"smart idea." it was silent for a while, jackie had fallen asleep and i didn't know what to talk about. "so have you been looked at by the nhl?"

"yeah actually i got drafted in the summer, i am now a prospect for the philadelphia flyers."

"wow thats awesome, and far away." i was actually shocked but i guess i wasn't that shocked after watching him play tonight. "i heard you and the others talking about you going to the world juniors. im assuming thats a hockey tournament."

"yeah, it's like the olympics but not other sports and you have to be under 20."

"so you're playing for the us or canada? im assuming your from one of those."

"yeah ill hopefully be the starting goalie for team canada."

"when is it?"

"december and january in buffalo."

"buffalo, new york?"

"mhhmm."

15 minutes later we got to our home. jackie was still sleeping on carters shoulder. "we're here, you really didn't have to carry her all the way."

"no it's fine." i unlocked the door and invited him in.

"you can put her on the couch." he carefully placed her on the couch and went back to the entryway.

"well i better get home, thanks for tonight."

"yeah! i had a good time and thanks for taking us home. uh, we should hangout again." i made a bold move.

"yes! uh yeah we should." he paused and played with his hands. "well good night, see you soon!"

"night!" i said, he closed the door behind him leaving me alone with a sleepy jackie.

-

[a/n let me know if you like short or long chapters!]