The Great Escape

Author’s note:

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I have been reading books and getting over writers block. Plus I won’t be able to post for a week, and if I do I will do it on my smart phone as my brother has made it to nationals for rodeo. Thank you for reading!

Chapter Eleven

Mahow’s POV:

I purr as Quin brushes against my side. He quickly opens his mouth and bites down on my shoulder, marking me as his. I step back away from him saying, “They will know.”

“Who?”

“The princes.”

“Oh.”

“I am Colton’s mate’s best friend.”

“Then you can’t go back there. You have to come back with me.” He says, pushing me deeper into the trees.

“Ya, lead the way.” Quin purrs at me and trots forward while I follow close on his heels.

Colton’s POV:

I run towards the new scent, seeing Quin, I slow down.

“Quin! Who the hell is she?!”

Quin leaps in front of the snow leopard and snarls lowly, “My mate!”

“What is her name?!”

“MAHOW! YOUR MATES BEST FRIEND!”

I stumble backwards and snarl at him, “You rescued her, but not my mate?!”

“My mate was outside, not locked inside like yours!”

“Take her away! Come to my den when she is safe, I need to speak with you!” I snarl, glaring at him.

Quin turns under my gaze and nudges his mate who was cowering away from me. She quickly listens and follows her mate away.

“Payden, answer me!”

“Yes…” she replies, sleep still fogging her thoughts.

“It’s Colton.”

“Why’d you wake me up!” she snapped at me, now I know she is awake at least.

“The beta, Quin, he was coming to look around but he found your friend, Mahow. He found out that she is his mate, so she is gone. I am sending a group there to break you out, in about an hour. Try to find a way to escape… Be safe!”

“Wait, wha-“ but I cut her off, not wanting to listen to her get worried, which would push me over the edge.

Payden’s POV:

I sit there, thinking over what Colton told me.

I look at the camera. Maybe if I hid behind it and switched a few cords it would repeat the previous moves. I have to try, and then I can escape.

I stand and walk to underneath the camera and stand there for a minute before walking back to the bed and laying down for ten minutes before standing and walking back to the camera.

I quickly reach up and take a few cords screwing up the system. I didn’t hear any sirens or angry voices, so I crept over to the door and opened it slowly.

The guard was sitting in a chair next to me snoring loudly. I quickly slip out and shut the door again before creeping down the hall.

I shifted before coming out into the open, as no one but the princes and the king would recognize me in wolf form. I quickly pad along, my head down to show respect to any Vampires out wandering the halls at midnight.

I came to the back door and looked out, there was Prince Dawson and Prince Jason. I huff quietly and turn around, closing the door quietly behind me.

I quickly lope to another door and see as no one guarding it from the inside and out, I run out into the night. I hear the yelling of the princes as the recognize me. I tuck my tail and take off, running for the trees.

“Colton?!”

“What’s wrong!”

“I got out! Now the princes are chasing me and I don’t know where to go!!!”

“Hang on!”

I run quickly, still hearing the two Vampires running behind me.

Three minutes have passed before I hear tons of light thudding. I almost purr in delight as I catch scent of my mate. But when I look, it’s not just my mate running towards me, it looks like thousands of other wolves and cats.

‘Oh shit’ I think before the group comes barreling into me, knocking me to the ground. I pass out from all the wolves and cats stepping on me.