The War begins

Colton’s POV:

The pack was moving. Everyone was ready for the war to begin.

I knew Payden would be safe; she was a great leader.

I lead the pack quickly and quietly through the woods. The place of the battle was known as Devil’s bridge. Devil’s bridge was were werewolves and werecats lost their independence. This was where the Vampires slaughtered my father.

I remember is like it was yesterday. I was three years old when my father was killed. When an alpha is murdered all his thoughts and memories and everything he has went through goes to his first child and if he hasn’t had a child yet, it goes to his mate, just like his title and power. I remember playing hide and seek with Quin.

            Our mother’s new they went to war, but since we were young they didn’t share that with us. I had just found Quin when I was knocked onto my butt from something I couldn’t see. My eyes rolled back in my head as my father’s memories played like a movie. At the very end I watched the King of the Vampires rip out my father’s throat and all the wolves and cats bowed before him. I was then hit with a power so strong I passed out.

            I remember waking up to Quin’s mother. She held me like my mother would and slowly explained what happened. Since my parents have been mated for three centuries my mother went insane with grief and had to be killed by Quin’s father.

            Quin’s father trained me from that day forward. I became the youngest Alpha in the world. I trained for years to get this moment, and I was going to use it to my full advantage. I would avenge my father and mother and put a peace between Vampires and the Were’s. There was a peace before that wretched King Leo.

            I would make the world peaceful again or I would die trying to make it right.

            I stand on the edge of the forest. Quin and Lucas, my third in command, we’re standing in front of the rest of the pack. I look over the Devil’s Bridge, and see King Leo, Prince Jason and Prince Dawson. I see tons of male Vampires. I tell everyone that was going to fight today through the pack bond that we are only going to kill who we have to, but our main goal is to kill the king and the princes.

            I look at the surroundings; there are ditches between us, with only a bridge of flat land. I give the command and one by one my pack shifts. I snarl at the Vampires and lift my head to the sky and let a howl rip from my mouth. With that command, my Pack bolts forward at the same instance as the Vampires move towards us. I run to the Bridge and meet King Leo in the center.

“I remember being here seventeen years ago. I remember fighting with your father and ripping his throat out and having his blood spill all over his black coat. Today I plan to do the same. I hope to have another black rug on my floor after today.”

I growl and snap at him, my hackles raised.

“Oh, you have guts little wolf. Your pelt will join your father’s right next to my fireplace when this day is through. Now, let’s stop this little chat since the war is still going on around us and I would love to still have a population of cats and wolves to be slaves after this day is through so lets get this thing started.” And with that King Leo and I lunged at each other.