The Auction

Chapter Three

Master looked down at me and said, “Jackson, why don’t you give the remote back.” “Because I am having fun!” “Jackson, I am not asking, give it back. If she is calm and we get good money from her I will buy you a wolf for you birthday next month.” “YAH!” the kid screamed, making me whimper from the pain in my head. Master grabs the remote and sets it next to him. He kicks me in the ribs and I shack my head but slowly rise to my feet, shaking from the continued pain. I move over by Mahow and lay down. I lay my head on my paws and sigh.

When we arrive the pain is gone. Master steps out of the limo after the door opened. Jackson is next, then the human, then the lion next. Mahow looks at me before stepping out into the night. I sigh and follow. Master stops by a cage and pushes the human in who lands on her hands. Mahow and the lion run in and nudge the girl back to her feet. I however, snap at the Master, growling protectively. Master is standing two feet from me, but in an instant, he has me off the ground and pressed against the wall by my neck. I snapped at him, trying to bite his hand. I hear a yell in my head and swing my head around at Mahow, “Stop! NOW! I don’t want to lose you!” I listen but glare at Master who throws me onto the ground. I grunt as I hit the cement, cracking it. I stand and hunch my shoulders, growling at Master as he slams the gate shut and walks away. I stalk to the back of it where I will be seen, but not very well. I lay down, sighing, “This will be a long night.”

I fall asleep in the back corner of the cage with Mahow cuddled up next to me. I was aware of the Vampires walking by as I slept. I opened my eyes and looked up, as the human was drug out. I sighed, “Human’s first, cat’s second, and wolves are last.” A voice says in my head before I realize it is the lion sitting in the pen. I look at her before asking, “Who are you again?” “Daja Mentonashengoterado…. But I am known by Daja or Slave.” I nod, “My name is Payden Marx, known by Payden or Rabies.” Daja gave me a questioning look before asking, “Why rabies?” I give a mental laugh before saying, “My third owner had tons of bite marks all over him, and so the fourth owner called me rabies.” She nodded saying, “Good luck. I hear some of the royal family is here to pick new slaves. The two princes are both looking for wolves, female wolves.” I growl, which stops a Vampire walking by, she hisses and moves on. I sigh before mentally replying, “Thanks for the heads up.” Then I jump as a vampire walks down the aisle saying, “Up, up, Cats are now.” Daja stands and mentally sighs, “Better wake your friend up.” I nudge Mahow who jumps onto her feet, hissing like crazy. I mentally shove her, “Relax crazy cat!” I get daggers shot my way by her and I bite my tongue to keep from howling out in laughter. She mentally asks, “Why’d you wake me up?” before I could answer a cat was taken out in the pen across from us. She nodded at me and sat down next to me. Sorrow filling her eyes. I nudge her with my paw and her eyes light up a bit but it quickly goes away as she lets out a sigh. A Vampire walks to the cage, undoing the lock and says, “Lion.” And Daja stands, leaving the pen without a fight.

Mahow and I sit in quiet for another hour before the same Vampire comes back and says, “Come on, you’re the last kitty.” Mahow stands, her back becomes tense and I quickly shout mentally, “It’s not worth it! Just listen to him.” Mahow turns her head and looks at me; her eyes show she is defeated. She leaves quickly after the man kicks her ribs. I see how she wants to fight him but that would mean great trouble for her. I go to the front of the cage and listen closely to the announcer. “Going once… Going twice… Sold for 10,000 dollars!” I mentally gasp, ‘Wow, that’s a lot of money!’

The Vampire walks up and down the aisle a lot more before he stops at my pen. He says, “Well, you’re the fifteenth wolf, only five left.” He unlocks the gate and I walk out. I follow him down the long corridor before he opens the door and shoves me into a bright room. I blink a few times and try to turn, but the door is shut. I growl and stalk around the pen, trying to find the lowest side so I could jump out. I spot it and go to the other side. I crouch down and run towards it. I leap, reaching the top of the fence I dig my claws into it and a shock makes me release. I land on the ground in a heap. I growl and look around. I then realize there were only two people bidding, I gasp in horror as I notice they were the two princes. 20,000 dollars, 25,000 dollars, 30,000 dollars, 35, 000 dollars… It goes on until one shouts, 100,000 dollars. I gasp, the auctioneer gasps as well and says, “Going once… Going twice… Sold for 100,000 dollars!” I quickly look at the one who bought me, he had a smirk on his face and I groaned, that was Prince Jason. I knew from tales from other slaves that he was the worst of him and his brother. I mean, they were both pretty bad since they made their wolves fight till one died. I turned and put my head high in the air and walked out, making several vampires hiss. I walked to a waiting pen and in that pen was Mahow, I knew she was bought by one of them as well and leapt at her, playfully wrestling with her till we heard a yell. I jumped away from her and sat down. The two princes where standing there, glaring at us. I then looked around and saw six humans and then it was Mahow and I. I sighed, ‘I hope Prince Dawson has another werewolf at home, cause I am not fighting Mahow. I growled as a human servant was forced into the room, he was young so I stopped. He came up by my side and said, “Sorry.” And I felt a needle get shoved into my back and a cool liquid ran under my skin. I slowly got woozy as the others passed out; Mahow met my gaze before dropping to the ground and shutting her eyes. I started to sway back and forth. I heard the gate open and felt a kick in my ribs and fell over. I felt someone grab my collar and I was thrown into the air, and feeling like I hit a brick wall as I landed on Jason’s shoulder before I blacked out.