Sleeping Troubles

• Dedicated to To the hot dude I met on my cruise

Chapter 18: Jett

           I was very aware when I woke up that Jade was completely snuggled into me. I guess I am not moving for a while, not that I mind, but for the record waking her up before she intends to and I swear she becomes what humans call demons. I wonder sometimes where she gets that from, because she has a perfect balance of her tenderness and her…somewhat ‘intense’ personality. Also, not complaining about that. I couldn't have done better, and at her request, of course, our new room into the new colony was right next to Pandora’s.

            I could sense pain coming from her room, but I suppose with Zane gone that is to be expected. Stirring, I manage to move away from Jade slightly, sometimes I swear she gave off as much heat as the engine of our ship. To get out of bed without waking her up, I use my special training from Corillian Space Exploration Academy, or C.S.E.A to stealth away. Never had that training become so handy. Especially for getting her back for all the numerous pranks she pulls.

Like the other day for example, when taking my daily shower, she hid behind the bed. Which, to this very hour I do not even begin to know how she moved and popped out when I came out. What was better was the fact that I dropped my towel on accident from shock and she quickly covered her eyes saying, ‘Oh no!  My innocence has been compromised!’, and slid under the covers. If I knew I had that much affect on her I should just walk around our room without a shirt on. I’d absolutely love to see her face then. Most definitely, it would be flushed crimson and she would try to stop staring at me.

Knowing this, I smile. Females have hormones, even stronger ones than us, if you can believe it. I remember Zane telling me about Pandora, and actually for the first time told him to shut it. I really didn’t want to know what they did together, sure some details were okay, we’re still guys. But that does not mean I want to know how hot and steamy his kiss with her was, or her ‘playful antics’, whatever that meant. My communicator beeps, and I grab it and press the button quickly, trying not to awaken the adorable spitfire next to me.

“Jett, can I come in?” asks a small voice, definitely Cass. Silently, I place my communicator down and open the door to see a very sleepy Cass and the Captain.

“S-sir! If I would have known I wouldn’t have answered the door like this…”

“It is fine, but this little one here would not stop pestering me about Panda. Where does she sleep?” Everyone knows Cass, she made a habit of getting to know everyone.

“Panda? So she finally paid you a visit, I was wondering when she would.”

“Yes, a little unnerving she is, but I like her. So, her quarters?” the Captain asks, trying to seem less awkward that his daughter wants to hang out with someone like Pandora. I guess he did not want his daughter to be so scary, or at least that’s what I think.

“Right here,” and I point to the door next to mine, “but she might be sleeping, if she is, I would not recommend waking her, Sir.” He mumbles thanks and I shut the door, so much for getting some sleep.

Right when I settled, Jade would murmur something that was just so…adorable and I couldn’t look away, or she would snuggle into me. Actually, this snuggling calms me, but it was slightly awkward since she was, and still is, so tightly squeezed into me.