Know Any Good Names?

That's Marina in the photo, not Jade. Jade is much more...something that is hard to find a picture for. So long folks...and enjoy!

Chapter 14: Pandora

            I startle myself in the morning when I see Zane’s sleeping head next to my face, his warm breath tickling me. I look into his sleeping face, how adorable he is. I see his shirt is pulled away from his shirt a little, and his chest is visible. I can’t help my female hormones, and myself so I inch my hand towards his stomach. I trace my fingers on his stomach in circles, and he shudders in his sleep. I didn’t even notice his eyes were open and alert until he grabs my hand and moves it.

            “That’s not a good idea to surprise me when I’m sleeping.” His tone has real warning in it, and I shiver.

            “You really think someone that wanted to harm you would trace circles on your stomach?” I ask, and his eyes turn an embarrassed color.

            “You never know, but I could have accidently attacked you…or something.” I giggle, and a wave of air hits his face. Zane appears completely distracted with that so I tickle him. He twitches away and turns on his back.

            “Watch it…” He pants, trying to compose himself after being tickled.

            “I rather think you like me playing with you…” I say this while playing with the hem of his shirt, and his eyes show a color I’ve never seen before. “Your eyes?”

They didn't change, and he just stared down at me. What, did I break him?

            “Teasing someone who is stronger than you is not a good idea. Especially if that person feels deeply for that said individual.” I gasp, that was lust in his eyes. So he really did feel for me like many others males, even if he was a different species.

            “Then I should tease you more often…” I say, and let out a little gasp when he rolls over me, putting his arms on either side of my head. He kisses me on the lips, and asks for entrance, which I give him. I see what he meant now, and I moan into his mouth. He pulls away, and both of us are panting for air with hints of blush on our face.

            “Do you see what I mean?”

            “Y-yes.” I respond, still shaken that this just happened. He smiles, and we both look at each other.

            “I think I should get to my shift. But I’ll be back, Panda.”

            “You used my nickname.”

            “I thought that would make you happy if I used it. So, I’ll be back.”

            “You know where I’ll be, sweetheart. And, can I ask you a question?”

            “What type of question?”

            “When you found out what gender the…babies were, why did you act that way?”

            “It was a large case of surprise, but then joy. I didn’t think that you would be carrying twins, let alone a girl, and a boy. That was…important.”

            “Thanks. I just hope that it’ll be easy since you’ve never learned how to change a diaper.” He gives a chuckle, and changes into his uniform.

            I pat his back and he leaves through the tent flap, leaving me alone. Zane told me earlier that I can visit Jade, but I feel weird. Almost airy with this humongous stomach of mine. I can’t believe I’m carrying twins, twins! I stare down at my stomach, resting my hand on it. What would I name them? How would I take care of them? Children, I wasn’t ready for that. Literally, almost a few months ago Jade and I were eating poptarts and watching girly chick flicks.