Arrival

Chapter 4: Zane

I regenerated soon after I returned to that ship with Pandora. Jett sitting right next to me, talking about how he got ready for her arrival. Pandora had been seriously pissed off after her friend Jade was taken. She had witnessed it, which would set many people on edge. Her friend Jade was much easier to take. She, on the other hand, had given herself a concussion and two broken ribs by attacking me. But this bothers me, why attack me when she probably knew I’m more dangerous and stronger than she was.

I look through the force field that contains her unconscious body. Breathing so slowly, she looks so peaceful asleep. The doctor said she would regain consciousness, and so would her sister. Whom I was informed wasn’t even related to her. I remember before she ran into me that the view screen had caught her sitting on the floor crying. Crying as if her world was just crushed. I would be too if my friends had been taken, but now was not the time to speculate on her mood. I need her awake to explain our intentions, unfortunately, we can't just do the procedure without her awake. I wish we could though; all of them struggled so, as if their lives depend upon anything being done.

She would awake soon the doctor informs me upon my arrival into the Medical Bay. Out of curiosity, I look at Jade as well, who currently had a Jett watching over her. So strange that these two, while both were close in age, treated each other like little sisters. I took both of their features in, both looking peaceful and rested. Who soon, their expressions would be replaced with restfulness to full blown fury, as all humans did when they awoke. They would be no different, or at least Jade wouldn’t, in which she would have to be sedated. The doctor began a countdown, and I knew that she would awaken in ten seconds. Awaken to strange surroundings with equally strange people, and most likely she would try to escape. Reason for the force field after all, yet I did feel sort of bad about keeping her there.

Countdown, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, her eyes flutter open. She looks around, remembering what happened, and a look of panic comes across her face. Pandora doesn’t see me yet, and Jett, seeing my symbols gets the hint and comes toward me. Leaving Jade and Pandora to each other, we decide to let them see each other first. Silently, the two greet each other, and study themselves to make sure they’re ok. When they decide they are, Jade tries to speak, but sheer terror seems to stop her. I hear Pandora talking softly to her, calming her. A voice that would truly calm anyone.

I hear her voice again, and she looks around. I see her hand move to see if anything is blocking her path to freedom, and the force field shocks her hand. Her hand shoots back, and she gives Jade a look. Her gaze unnerves me, how alert she is. Taking in her surroundings she makes observations like a military commander trying to search for weak points. Jade mouths something to Pandora, and she nods. I hear her call out, asking for an explanation.

“Hello?” She calls, her voice slightly warped from the force field.

Jett and I walk into the room in which we are greeted with glares.  I almost feel like laughing, but I think that might break the air that seemed to make the women keep their silence.

“Yes?” I ask, and Jett walks over to Jade. Who remains silent in fear.  

“Where are we? Why are we here?” Pandora asks, her face defiant and strong.

“You are on the exploration ship Light Star. And you both are here to help us replenish our race.” I finish, and her expression turns from calm to angry.

“What the hell? You’re crazy!” She tries her hands again on the force field, trying to push at it.

“Pushing on the force field isn’t going to help you.” She turns to me, and tries again, through the force field to hit me. She’s more hostile than most females.