Chapter 37 - Reloaded: Nobody Else Like You

Sitting across from him. I don't even know why I decided to come. Stirring the food around on my plate, not even making eye contact with him. Honestly I was so confused about this, like why the sudden interest now. We're done and over with, no more. Our connection is long gone. 

" Look all I'm saying… I want things to be right between us, is that to hard to ask? " 

The sarcastic b*tch was about to explode. This dude really want us to be friends. After all this time, after all what happened. 

" Let me check…. My shoulder, oh this sling on my arm is from your crazy little sister and her mentally unstable friends. " Dropping my fork on the table, looking into those soft brown eyes of his. 

Romeo sighed softly, looking down. Licking his lips before looking back up at me. " I don't know what else to say or tell you Gail, like I don't. We have to much d*mn history to let it go to waste… "

Snorting some, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. " I mean Gail, we have to put this behind us some type of way. " Biting his bottom lip, shaking his head. " I'm with someone, but all I can do is think about you Gail. F*ck I miss you bruh, real sh*t. I cant lie or front. "

I was taken back by his sudden blunt attitude. He's always so laid back and chill, he was never aggressive. Unless we were…. Making out…. But thats the past, past. Where its staying. He hurt me, he moved away without even bothering to tell me. He found a new girl just like that, while I cried sleepless and countless nights over him.

He shut me off from him, now here he is. On his Thanksgiving break, wanting me to come back. 

" Romeo, once again. I cannot deal with this! Like honestly, if I see your little sister I will bash that b*tch face in with my good hand. Besides, you're oh so quick to pick her over me in a heart back. " Stopping him from speaking. " Not saying thats a bad thing, but d*mn. Grow some balls and stand up. She's not this perfect little princess. "

" What do I have to do… To win you back, gain your trust. Heal your heart…. ? " - Sitting straight up, his eyes grew bigger. Softer. 

Was he being serious, or was this just another plot by Cymphonique and her mentally crazy friends. 

Pushing my hair back, looking him dead in the eyes. 

" I'm transferring back here next Spring semester if that means anything to you. Like seriously Gail, I'm trying my hardest to be with you again. Like old times. " Tilting his snapback, cupping his hands over the table. 

Shaking my head, this n*gga sure knew how to spit game. But it wasn't working on me, or was it… I had to stay focus, stay tuned in. See through her eyes, I was NOT trying to get hurt again. Not by this lame, that I still loved…. No Gail, no no no… Focus you cannot LOVE Romeo not after all he's done. And his sister. 

" Ro, I cant give you an answer. Not yet at least…. " Looking away from him. " How would you feel if we broke up and if my little brother decided to be petty and tried to kill you? Better yet kidnapped you. " Chuckling at the thought.

Rubbing his thumb against his skin, he sighed. Simply nodding his head. 

The table was quiet, both nibbling at our food. He laughed a bit, showing that million dollar smile he has. " Remember how we used to talk on the phone until we both fell asleep….? "

Blushing at the though, simply nodding my head. " And you used to deny snoring on the phone. " He scrunched up his face laughing at my comment. " Excuse me? You were the one who used to talk in their sleep…. "

" Percy I do love you, I will always love you. But the timing right now isn't perfect. " Cutting to the chase. " Yes our history is strong and our connection will always be there. But with this little beef thats going on with your sister and my friends…. Its like a forbidden love…. Just like Romeo and Juliet…. "

Romeo slouched back in his chair, reaching his hand across the table. Taking my hand in his. Squeezing it softly, looking me in the eyes. 

" No matter what, I'm here for you. I love you Gail and I'm changing. Just wait for me… I didn't know what I had till you were gone, like you don't understand my heart ached… It still aches… " He looked to the side quickly, " Logan is nothing like you…. "

" Why get with her? Like what was even the purpose? "  Wanting to know his answer. 

The restaurant itself grew quiet, like everybody was into our conversation. But it was just us two, looking at him. His eyes darted around.

" Because… I was lonely and depressed, she helped me out. Thats it… And what about you and Mr. Bleu….? " 

Thats right he did see us together, not that it matter. I mean who was he to judge. Corbin was there for me when I needed him to be unlike Romeo. 

" Corbin was honest and open, something you lacked….. "

His face tensed up while he shrugged his shoulders. 

Finishing up dinner, we walked towards his car. Getting in on the passenger side, he got into it. Starting it up. He looked over at me, while I stared back. Quickly turning my head, looking into the clear night sky. 

I felt a touch on my thigh, turning around, of course it was him. His wide hand squeezed it softly. I hated this, I wanted to drop my guard. BUT I knew I couldn't, the cost is to much. I couldn't deal with a broken heart. 

" I know I'll never find nobody else like you…. There's nobody else like you, Gail….. I've been running around looking for one like you…. But you make me feel this certain way…. Remember last year for your birthday I wrote you that cheesy love poem….? " 

" How'd you love me till the world end….. " 

He nodded his head softly, smiling. His eyes water a bit, blinking looking away. He pulled out of the parking lot. 

I had no idea why I felt this way, confused. Yet I felt loved, like the pieces were being healed. His touch, his voice, his presence just made me feel alive again. Like I was on top of the world…….

The other side told me how stupid and gullible I was being. He left me, moved. Didn't give two sh*ts about me while he didn't believe a word I was saying about his sister. 

" Gail….. " 

Wiping my eyes quickly, looking over at him. Having this soft tender look on, he leaned over. Hugging me, kissing my cheek softly. Pulling back, still rubbing my cheek with his hand.

" I know this is the Coldest Winter…. But…. Let me warm you up Babe…. Please…… 

" Licking those seductive lips of his. " I want you to be my only one….. "

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

A/N: Well what do you know, I was inspired by this song Romeo did.... I mean hey Filler after Filler lol

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

Starring: Gail Scott & Romeo Miller

Comments. Feedback. Questions.

Please dont post OMG MORE! I’d like actually feedback, knowing what you thought about this….Spending hours and days writing a story…Not that hard to take a few minutes out to do a little review…. :D Please and Thank you!

Meet & Interact with the characters:

changeinreality.tumblr.com