Chapter 11: Naughty or Nice Part l

* Ray POV *

~ 1st Day of Christmas ~

The mall was over packed. People were doing some shopping, Jawan and I were just strolling through. Seeing if we could catch any last good sells. I still had to get Craig a birthday gift. A gift card might be fine? Or some shades.

Jawan: " All these beautiful fly mamas in here….d*mn…." - Jawan rubbed his hands together, looking towards a few. - " That a*s on her…..Mmmmmm mmmm mmmm….."

I laughed ignoring him. Walking through the crowded mall. Laughter, cheers, christmas music all played in the background. I wasn't to focused on them. I was more focused on finding the perfect gift for my Mom. 

Something I always wanted to do since I was younger. Be able to buy her a gift, with the money I worked hard for. I hope the gift I picked out will make her smile. Fill her heart with joy. Love. Showing her that I care and love her. 

Jawan: - He nudged me softly with his elbow, looking at me. - " Dude, you ok? You just spaced out. " - Laughing, shaking his head. - " 

Ray: " Oh just thinking, thats all man. Worry about you, I got this. " - I laughed, he shook his head. - " I'm serious, just wondering what to get my Mom. Thats all dude."

We continued on our way through the mall. Arms wrapped around our shoulders pulling us in, we both turned our heads seeing Jacob(Latimore).

Jacob: " What's good fellas? " - Smiling from ear to ear. - " Last minute shopping? "-

Ray: " You know it, what about you man? " - I asked him, as he shrugged.- " Surprise you're not here with Nique. "

Jacob: " She just left with Bahja and Brea. "

Jawan: " Those colorful females. " - He said with a laugh. -

Jacob: " Haaaaaa get off them Jawan, get off them. " - We all laughed. - " But seriously, what's good for tonight? Anything going down? "

Ray: " Nah, not that I know of....." - Shrugging, as we walked through the mall.- " Ay remember back in 6th grade how we used to run around this place? Getting in trouble? "

They both looked at me, folding their arms nodding. I smirked, looking over at a group of females. I cupped my hands.

Ray: " AYO SHAWWWTY WITH THAT DONK! " - The girl turned around as her and her friends snickered and giggled. I smiled, winking at her.-

Jawan: " Daya is going to kill you bro, better stop while you're ahead. " - He said with a laugh, Jacob stood there with his arms folded. Shaking his head.-

Jacob: " Oh how I miss the old times. " - Shaking his head with a smile on his face. He looked around.- " So...." - He said rubbing his hands together.- " Which store should we turn upside down first....."

We headed towards Macy's, walking in. Looking around. Deciding where to stir up some fun or pranks.

Jacob: " Hide and go seek? Mens section only, that there...." - He pointed off towards a random sign. - " Is base, can't hide near it. "

Jawan looked at me while I looked at him, smiling. Jacob walked over towards the sign as he started to count. Both of us took off running, splitting up. I looked around, going inside of a clothing rack. Squatting.

This brought back memories. The three of us used to be so close. Fourth grade is where it all started. Mrs. Peterson class, always stayed in trouble. But she loved us and pushed us to follow our dreams. Never forget that school play when all three of us had the lead roles.

We kind of fell off coming into high school. Jacob didn't won't anything to do with the gang life. We respected him, didn't need for him to get caught up. We chilled, but not as much back in the day. We were the baddest things walking the halls.