she will be mine ch14

Heyy guys here's ch14!!!! hope you like it!!!

with love

swimchick

P.S. votes, comments, and new fans are always welcome and appreciated!!! <3

Chapter 14

The silence swirled around me as the three of them stared. I felt my facing growing red, so in desperation I met Jazz's gaze. I saw shock there, that was obvious, but I also saw... Acceptance? Slowly, her exotic features brightened as he corners of her lips curled up in a smile. Yes, I thought. I definitely saw acceptance. How extraordinary. She approached me, still smiling.

"Sorry, Mikki. You were right about him. That guy is crazy about you and I don't mean in psychotic way. After seeing you out there with him, I decided that I would like to get to know him better, cause I've got a feeling he'll be around for a while." She winked at me.

"Apology accepted, Jazz. But you left out a part." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't say sorry for spying on me while I made out with my boyfriend." I replied.

"Oh," She said, waving away my words. "I'm not gonna apologize for that. It was quite entertaining watching you suck face like that."

I had the grace to blush at her words. Over her shoulder I met Ryan's gaze. Uh-oh, he looked furious. I instantly felt terrible that he had to witness Cam and I kissing. That was definitely not the way I wanted him to find out my feelings for him did not go beyond friendship.

I stepped away from Jazz and approached him warily. "Ryan, I..."

He held up a hand. "I don't want to hear it, Mikki. I get it. I really do. You obviously," he said, looking at me with... Disdain? Regret? I didn't know. I had never seen Ryan look at me like that before and to be honest, I could have gone through my entire life not seeing that look and die happy. "Don't want to take our relationship to the next level."

"Ryan, I'm sorr..." But he cut me off again.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Mik. You didn't do anything wrong. It's not you fault that I deluded myself into thinking we could be together." His voice was unemotional, devoid of its usual laughter and affection. It was the same voice I heard Ryan use when his parents split. Just by hearing it I could tell that he was in extreme pain. "I just couldn't see what was right in front of me and I have no one to blame but myself." He sighed before walking past me and out the front door. I watched him as he got into his blue Ford Edge and drove away from the house. I sighed. I'd let him cool his jets a little before I talked to him.

I turned to Jazz and Marnie. "Well, Marnie. Wanna start our scary movie marathon?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah!" She replied.

"And that's my queue to leave." Jazz said, making her way to the stairs. "I'm gonna go check on Joley."

I looked at Marnie questioningly. She sighed. "Nothing really. She's afraid that Matt doesn't love her, which, of course, is ridiculous. I think she's just PMS-ing."

I nodded. "You're right about the PMS-ing thing. She's been up my ass for a week. I'll praise the day she starts seeing red." We chuckled at my crudeness, faces blushing pink. "Matt definitely loves Joley, if he hadn't he would have dumped her ages ago like all her other boyfriends. They are definitely made for each other."

"I hope you're right. I don't want to have to deal with her if they broke up, she'll be a disaster. Mind you, I don't think she'd ever be the same again." Marnie said, solemnly.