she will be mine ch2

Chapter 2

"Okay so why are we going to this party again?" Joley asked from the back seat.

Jazz let out a sigh of exasperation. "Because smart one, Mikki met a guy and he invited her to go to this party."

"I know why she's going, but why are we going?" She asked, impatiently.

"For support in case he decides to blow her off, and it sounds like fun. Besides." She said, glancing back at Joley in the rear view mirror. "You need to get out more, you spend way too much time in bed." Jazz said cheerily.

"Thanks for the pep-talk Jazz." I said playfully, but my insides suddenly felt sour. What if her did blow her off? No, he couldn't. Not if he felt what I had felt this afternoon. Butterflies suddenly took flight inside my stomach at the prospect of seeing him again, or not.

The Lodge is a large meeting hall at the center of town where all the big celebrations and town council meetings are held. This particular party was for people ages 16 to 30, which worked out perfectly. No cranky seniors (sorry grandma) and no whining kids. Just us young people.

We parked in one of the only available parking spots left. It was rather far away from the entrance and according to Joley's 3-inch heels, too far. Marnie came up next to me and linked my arm with hers.

"Do you think he'll show?" She asked.

I swallowed, internally crossing my fingers. "I hope so."

She squeezed my hand briefly, before turning her attention to her twin. Joley was giggling loudly while Matt whispered in her ear. Every so often her face would turn bright red and she'd slap him playfully on the arm before leaning in for more. I heard Marnie sigh as if her sister was a lost cause.

"Do you mind her acting like this all the time? It seems like she spends all her time with Matt these days. I never see her anymore." I said.

Marnie sighed again before answering. "I don't mind really. We've always been close I guess but she needs this. She can be so uncomfortable with herself and body sometimes, it's good for her to have someone like Matt in her life." Marnie looked over her shoulder at the couple before continuing. "Joley thinks Matt is the one. She's totally in love with him and she thinks that they'll be together forever, ya know? Like soul mates. I hope she's right cause I don't think she'd ever get over them breaking up."

"Wow. I never knew she was that serious about him." I glanced at them as well before continuing. "Does he know how she feels? Has she told him?" I asked fearing he answer.

Marnie shook her head. "No, she hasn't yet. I think she was planning on telling him this summer while we are here, so he can't sneak off." She chuckled a little but i saw the weight of the phrase in her eyes. Joley wouldn't be able to handle them breaking up. She'd probably be so far gone that no one, not even Marnie would be able to reach her. Marnie feared for her sister. I could tell. This realization made my heart ache for the twins. I hoped to god that Matt would return her feelings.

Once we got to the entrance I could hear the bass pounding through the walls. The doors were closed but I could see flashing lights through the windows. Inside, we hung up our jackets and bags, not including our phones, in the closet. Lady GaGa's Bad Romance was blasting through the speakers on the DJ podium. Little clusters of people were dancing on the dance floor, but most were sitting on couches and cushy chairs around tables.

I felt Jazz nudge me with her elbow, I leaned over to her as she whispered, "Is he here? Do you see him?"

"No, I don't see him, but it's still early. Don't worry he'll show." The reassurance was more for my benefit than hers, and I think she knew. Instead of walking off to sit in a shadowed corner with Kyle, she walked with me over to a table with a good view of the door. Joley and Matt were already on the dance floor, Logan and Gem were sitting with Marnie and Ryan over at another table. Kyle muttered something about getting some drinks and headed off, maneuvering through the dancing people.