Chapter 14

So this is gonna be pretty short, but I have the next chapter brewing in my head. But I couldn't get this little moment out of my head so I'm just gonna put in this little one shot type moment. Hope you like it please leave a review before you leave and leave any suggestions if you have any. TANKS GUYS!

Kensi was walking through the house looking for her husband. She finally found him in the twins room. Chloe was on his lap in the rocking chair in the corner of the room, and Aiden was asleep in bed. She'd been having trouble since Deeks left. She smiled softly at the sight of them, the soft light of their night light glowing in the room. Deeks gently rocked back and forth in the chair. Chloe cuddled in his arms in her little blue feetie pajamas, as Deeks smoothed down her her blond curls that fell to her shoulders. She must have fallen back to sleep because Deeks stood and walked slowly toward her crib.

"I love you baby girl." He whispered before placing a kiss to her head. He placed her in the crib and wrapped her in her favorite blanket. He looked at his kids for a moment before turning to walk out. Kensi smiled when she saw him looked at her. He returned the smile as he walked over and shut the door. They walked to the bedroom and ready for bed. Deeks sat in bed in his shots and t-shirt as Kensi put on her pair of shorts and a tank top. She watched Deeks looking down in his lap. Once she was changed she walked over and joined him on the bed.

"You okay?" She asked

"I'm a terrible person."

"What?" She asked, shocked to hear this,"Deeks what would make you say that?"

"This assignment," He started looking up at her,"I'm leaving my kids, I'm not here for them everyday like I should be. And you. I'm leaving you here alone with the kids when I should be here helping you. A-and out in the field at work, there's no one there to watch your back and keep you safe. After...after Afghanistan, I promised myself that the last thing I would do is leave you. And now that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm a terrible father, a terrible husband, and a terrible partner."

She couldn't believe he thought this,

"Deeks you could not be more wrong. Your not in this assignment by choice, it's for work. Doing your job, is being there for the kids. And as for me you never left me, you're always with me, no matter where am or where you are. Your an amazing father, an amazing husband, and the best partner I could've asked for. I don't want you to for forget that." She said

Her words did make him feel better. He tucked her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek,

"I love you so much kens, I really do." He said softly before leaning forward and bringing his lips to hers. She smiled when they broke apart and looked into his hypnotizing baby blue eyes,

"I love you too Deeks."

He leaned back in bed and brought her with him so that she was cuddled into his side and her head rested on his shoulder.

"You know what I just realized?" Deeks said breaking the silence after a few moments.

"What?"

"After 8 years of being parters, friends, boyfriend and girlfriend, and married, you still don't call me Marty." He said unable to hold back a smirk

She thought for a minute, he's right. By calling him Marty just sounded weird. I mean to her, he was Deeks. But I mean they are married.

"So you want me to start calling you Marty?" She asked shifting to lean on the her elbow to face him.

"It sounds good when you say it."

She sighed,

"I don't know, I mean you've always been Deeks to me."

"Yeah but now your Deeks too." He pointed out

"Touché." She said

He smiled,

"Finally got right, that's ma girl!" He smirked

She couldn't help but laugh at the comment. There it was, that sound that had always been music to his ears just made his heart sing. He smiled. She looked up at him, a smile still remaining on her face.

"You really want me to start calling you Marty?" She asked

He shrugged,

"I mean if you don't want to, you don't have to it just seems ideal." He said

"I know, but I mean. Deeks just suits you. At least it has for me."

"Honestly you can call me whatever you want." He said

A huge grin grew into her face,

"Wow, where do I start." She joked

He laughed and shook his head,

"No, no, no that is not what I meant."

She slipped under he covers and shut out the light,

"Whatever you say shaggy."

He chuckled to himself. That was his Kensi.