Chapter 12

I know it's been a long time since I've done another chapter so I hope you like my newest idea. I'm gonna be honest this is pretty sad, I literally started crying while writing this. So please leave a review leaving your opinion and ideas. Thanks guys!

"Hey." Kensi smiled as she watched her husband walk into their bedroom.

"Hey." He responded making his way to the bed, sitting beside her. His tone was flat.

"What did LAPD want you for?" She asked

He was quiet for a second. He took her hands,

"Actually kens...I have to talk to you about that." He said

She became worried,

"What's wrong?"

"They want me to go undercover. In New York." He said looking into her eyes. He watched her facial expression completely change. Going undercover was something that hasn't been a very good thing for them, and was something they often feared.

"They been looking for this guy for a couple of months now and finally found him in Manhattan. They want Max to go in." He said in a soft tone.

She looked in her lap,

"How long will you be gone?" She asked

He paused,"a month...maybe more."

She didn't want him to leave. Last time he went undercover he was almost killed. She almost lost him, she didn't want that to happen again. Even worse, what about Chloe and Aiden? They would be devastated.

"When are you leaving?" She asked in almost a whisper

He could tell she was really really upset by her tone. He tightened the grip on her hand,

"Tomorrow night."

She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry kens." He said. He really felt bad, and responsible. But what could he do? He didn't have a choice, and the last thing he wanted to to was to leave Chloe and Aiden. To leave Kensi.

She shook her head,

"It's not your fault. You have to. I just wish you didn't have to."

He gave her a soft smile before pulling her close into his arms. Her chin rested on his shoulder as her arms went around his neck. She felt the lump rising in her throat, tears pooling in her eyes. Even now, she would never sry in front of anyone. Even Deeks. She had only done this once.

She turned her head so her cheek rested on his shoulder. The scent of her shampoo made it's way to Deeks nose. He buried his nose in her waves and kiss her head.

The next day came a lot quicker than anyone wanted. Nobody wanted it to come. Deeks had spent the whole day with Chloe and Aiden. They didn't take the news to well, but understood that he had to leave, and that he loved them both very much and would be back before they knew it. Now, Kensi and Deeks were alone in their house. Chloe and Aiden were with Callen and the whole team was going to the airport to see Deeks go. Right now Kensi was packing with Deeks.

"Extra gun?" She asked

"Check." He said looking In his bag.

"Enough clothes?"

"Check."

"Burner phone?"

"Um...check."

His head rose from his suitcase,

"Forgot something." He walked over towards his night table and opened up the drawer. He came back with two photos in his hand. After placing them securely in his suitcase, Kensi picked them up. She smiled. The first photo was of Kensi sitting on the floor with Chloe and Aiden in her lap. They all wore big smiles. The second one was of Kensi and Deeks. Deeks was behind Kensi with his arms wrapped around her waist. She remembered when it was taken. They were all at Sams for Easter after a year of them being married. He surprised her as he wrapped his arms around her, making her laugh as the picture was taken. Hearing her laugh made him laugh. She couldn't help but let out a chuckle as the memory replayed in her head.

"That's my favorite." Deeks said breaking her away from her thoughts.

"Mine too." She agreed. She placed the picture back in their spot before his closed the suitcase. After placing it on the ground by the door, Deeks looked at his wife. Her eyes were locked on the suitcase. He took her hand and guided her up and into his arms. They stayed there for a long time.

"I'll call as often as I can." He whispered in her ear

She nodded against his chest. His amazing scent calming her,

"You better." She chuckled out a tear

They drove to the airport. They came to Sam and Callen who each had one of the twins in their arms. Deeks first took Aiden from Sam.

"Alright bud. You're the man of the house until I come home. You gonna look after our girls?" Deeks asked looking over at Kensi who now had Chloe in her arms.

Aiden nodded,

"Yes daddy." He said

Deeks smiled and kissed his soft brown curls.

"That's my man. I love you."

"I wuv you too daddy."

God he felt the tears ready to poor out of his eyes, leaving his family was without a doubt the hardest thing he's ever had to do. He took Chloe from Kensi.

"I'm gonna miss you Princess." He said looking at his daughter.

"I miss you too daddy. I wuv you." She said placing her head on his shoulder.

He eyes shut as he hugged her,

"I love you too baby girl." He chocked out

He placed Chloe on the ground so she was standing beside her brother. Sam stepped foward and pulled him into a man hug.

"Try not to get yourself killed." He teased

Deeks chuckled,

"I will."

Next he went to Callen who also gave him a man hug.

"Be safe Deeks." He said

"I will." He repeated

After that was the part he hated the most. Saying goodbye to his wife. His best friend. His partner. She gave him a soft smile. He pulled her into his arms and held her as close as he could.

"I'll miss you so much kens." He said into her hair.

She sniffled back tears,

"I'm gonna miss you too Deeks."

The broke apart as his lips came to hers. The kissed for what felt like forever. They broke apart when they heard the intercom say that his plane would be taking off in a minute. They looked into each others eyes. He tucked away her hair behind her ear. His hands made their way down where he squeezed her hands.

"I love you so much." He said

She smiled and sniffled back a tear that still rolled down her cheek.

"I love you too Deeks." She said

He cupped her face and wiped away the year with his thumb. She smiled as he did so and sniffled again, taking a deep breath.

"Be careful. Okay."

He nodded, Don't worry Fern. I'll be back." He assured her

She smiled. He gave his kids one last kiss on the head and Kensi one last kiss on the lips. He squeezed her hand before making his way toward the gate. Kensi watched him dissapear into the plane. Sam placed a hand on her shoulder,

"You good?" He asked softly

She nodded and gave him a smile. She tried not to worry.

He'll be back.

So that's the sad ending. I'm not exactly sure where I'll go with this yet, but I have ideas. Again please leave a review with your opinion and ideas. I love to see what ideas you guys have.