Chapter 22

Harriet’s POV

As Ash was driving to the restaurant, I can’t help but feel a little nervous. Why did Ash invite me to this dinner? I mean, I know it’s because we’re friends and we want to hang out but; with what I’m wearing right now and where I think we’re going it seems like a *gulp* date.

“Why do you look like you’re about to pass out?” he chuckled as he glanced at me.

“Err…it’s nothing. I just…uh…have a headache” I stammered.

“Are you okay? Do you want some medicine?” he asked worriedly as he glanced at me again.

“No, I’m fine” I smiled.

“Okay, but if you really don’t feel well just tell me” he said.

“Don’t worry, I will” I smiled trying to hide my nervousness.

After a few minutes we arrived at the restaurant. It was really posh and it looked like the food here is very expensive. Ash went out of the car and went to my side and opened the door for me. I mouthed him a thank you; Ash gave his keys to the valet and we walked to the entrance of the Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. As the door open I can’t help but be in awe of what I see. Everything seems so posh and fancy. Chandeliers were hanging on the ceiling, people were wearing fancy clothes; bottom line is this place is fancy and I really feel out of place.

“Good evening Mr. Walker” the maitre'd greeted as we came inside. It didn’t really surprise me that he knows Ash. I mean I think everyone knows him.

“Good evening, are they here yet?” Ash asked. What? Who are they? I thought it was only the two of us?

“Yes sir. They are all here. Let me show you to your seats” he smiled and walked ahead of us.

As we walked to our seat, I can’t help but notice the people eating staring at us; especially at me. I just held my chin up and smiled, I can do this; I know I can.

As the maitre'd directed us to our seats, I can’t help but be a little confused as to why we were headed to a table full of people.

“Err, Ash I thought it was only the two of us?” I asked him.

“Well, I wanted you to meet my brothers and my friends” he smiled.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked him with a worried look on my face.

“Don’t worry, they’ll love you.” he smiled as we walked.

“Here you are sir, I’ll be back with the menus” he smiled and walked off.

“Hey!” a guy said. Ok, all of them are guys.

“Hey!” Ash said and gave each of them a ‘bro hug’

I was awkwardly standing there so I decided to introduce myself.

“Hello I’m Harriet, but you can call me Harrie” I smiled and extended my hand. I was caught off guard when someone hugged me tight.

“Err” I muttered as he squeezed me. Looks like Ash’s family and friends are really friendly.

“Oh, I’m sorry” He said as he pulled away. “I’m Alex by the way” he smiled.

“It’s alright. Nice to meet you Alex” I muttered with a little puzzled look. He looks extremely familiar.

“Hi I’m Zach” someone said and hugged me again. I decided to hug back since they were being so friendly that I should do the same.

He pulled away and said “It’s really nice meeting you”

“Likewise” I smiled.

Sounds weird but two people hugged me so tight that I couldn’t even breathe anymore. And they look alike!