Chapter 8

Harry’s POV

I decided to cook us some dinner since no one was doing it and besides, I need to focus my mind on something else. Okay, I know I’ve been a jerk to Harrie earlier but its all part of the “ignore her plan”

I heard the lads as well as Harrie laughing their arses off and I really want to join them but…it’s complicated. Earlier, when we were in Nandos and Milkshake City, I just realized how outgoing, funny, and beautiful Harrie is. She’s so cheeky and I always go for cheeky girls like her; like Maddie. Honestly earlier when she wanted to be with Zayn than me it hurt a little. I guess she’s trying to ignore me too, I can’t blame her.

For dinner I cooked the lads and Harrie some Fettuccine Carbonara, my specialty! I began plating my masterpiece and set the table.

“Dinner!” I called out and went to sit down on the table. In no time at all the lads came to the dining room, while Harrie was still not here. Maybe she was just fixing her laptop. Eventually she came and was seated in between Louis and Zayn; I noticed that they’ve been really close.

“So is it good? Harry is the best cook among us” Lou said while looking at Harrie. And I really feel proud about the compliment. I looked at Harrie for her response but she doesn’t even look up.

“Yeah, it’s good” She mumbled without looking at anyone. Yup, she definitely is ignoring me. I know I should be happy about it because it makes things really easier, but weird thing is I’m not.

It can’t be that I’m falling for her right? Nah, it can’t be; that’s impossible. Right?

“Excuse me” She said and wiped her mouth with the napkin, she got her laptop and went straight to her room probably. We all looked at each other confusedly but all of them started to look at me.

“What?” I asked and they just started to glare at me.

“Are you ignoring Harrie?” Liam asked me. I looked at Lou for a save, but it looks like he won’t help me this time.

“Yeah” I whispered but they were able to hear it.

“Why?” Niall asked.

“Because I think I’m falling for her, and I can’t do that! I can’t replace Maddie so easily” I explained.

“Why are you stopping it? Harry this should be good, you’ve finally found someone” Zayn said.

“I know but I just can’t move on that easy, Maddie is still the one for me” I explained.

“No, I think you don’t want to get over Maddie because you’ll be too guilty if you do it so easily” Liam said.

“You don’t have the right to talk like that! I don’t want to get over Maddie because I love her too much!” I said and immediately went to my room.

He isn’t right; I love Maddie so much that’s why I don’t want to get over her easily. But at the back of mind, can Liam be right? Am I just too guilty if I do it easily?

I decided to take a shower to clear my head. After that I put on some sweatpants, and a t-shirt. I blow dried my hair a little bit and went off to bed. I watched a little tv but there aren’t many good channels so I decided to just sleep.

After a lot of turning, I came up with one realization: I can’t sleep. So I decided to play some games on my iPhone. I played temple run and a lot of other games but I really just can’t sleep. I looked at my clock and it says its 1:00, oh god…

Maybe I’m just thirsty or hungry since I didn’t finish dinner earlier, yeah that might be it. I went out of my room and went to the kitchen. I grabbed some apple juice in the fridge and I decided to make a sandwich for myself.