Teen Fiction: The Street Child

Hey everyone!:)

So, because I don't have time for it, I'm not accepting anymore requests...FOR THE TIME BEING. I have 2 more requests(besides this) that I'm going to do, but then I'm going to stop this for a while!:) I'll do this again, but it'll be in the second version of this!:D

Anyway, here's a new review!

Title: The Street Child

Description: The Street Child is based on my thoughts, dreams and imagination about Becca's life. Becca's life is tough, rough and dangerous she battles through days of abuse, homelessness, addiction, boys and worse, much worse. So when her father ,Mark, saves her from her ramshackle of a life she is not at first all to please. She has much to grieve for and not alot to rejoce over. Michael, Chris and Adam fight for a heart that is almost to torn up from grieving to love another...

Author: CiaraOwens

GRADE: A-

This was really good!

It has sort of a cliche plot, but the setting is so wierd and unexpected for a plot like this, which gives it an edge!:D It's interesting, and makes me curious.

It was really well written, too, except for one thing. You, the narrator, are speaking in Becca's POV, but you keep changing from first to third person, which will confuse a lot of readers! My advice to you is change to first person, or third person ONLY.

Other than that, I saw some errors in your writing, but nothing some editing can't fix:)

The characters seem genuine..I'd love it if you added more emotion and pain to their back stories! That would help, plus show why they're a bit too mature. Having gone through so much, the reader will undersand why!

Overall it's a really good read, and has potential to grow:)

INTERVIEW:

1) How long have you been writing?

CiaraOwens: I've been seriously writing for maybe a year but before that I wrote bits and bobs for school and for myself!

2) Why should your story be read?

CiaraOwens: Because I think it shows you an insight to something not much explored.

3) What inspired you to write this story?

CiaraOwens: What inspired me most to write this story is life, yes life. Her life is so different yet she is no alien. She feels the same way everyone else does. I think one of there reasons The Street Child ain't that popular is that the cant relate to what Becca goes through, well that and the grammar probally atrocious!

4) What do you hope your readers get out of your writing?

CiaraOwens: I hope they get a new look at life, to be able to look past the looks and see what's truely there.

That was 'The Street Child' by CiaraOwens.

External link to this story is in the comment box below!

Till next time!

-Ty