38 // together

Jimin woke up late in the afternoon, eyes squinting when he noticed Hoseok's empty bed next to his. The sun shone a bit too bright in his face for someone who had just woken up. He rubbed his eyes and was halfway through stretching his arms when Taehyung barged into the room out of nowhere and jumped onto him.

"KIM TAEHYUNG-"

"Shush look at this," Taehyung almost shoved his phone into Jimin's tiny button nose in excitement.

Their official twitter page was open. And with wide eyes and breath getting caught did Jimin realize Jungkook had posted.

Jungkook had posted a video of Jimin from when they had taken a trip to Tokyo for a mini vacation. Taehyung nudged the smaller man, who blinked at the screen watching the video play. He had been acting so silly and strange, if he had known Jungkook would be posting this he'd have acted better.

"He's whipped for you," Taehyung laughed, finding this situation somehow very entertaining.

"But-"

"Shut up and read the caption," an eyeroll from his best friend sent Jimin's eyes darting to the caption.

Hwang yang yeon hwa.

Jimin's hand slapped his mouth and his tearducts burned as they controlled the urge to release those dewy droplets down his cheeks. Warmth spread through his chest and everywhere in his body, pure warmth, heartwarming; his heart was warm.

"Cute huh?" Taehyung slapped his back and stood up, heading for the door. Jimin was about to remind him about his phone when he smiled and bopped Jimin's nose. "Replay as many times as you want. Only return it to me when the battery is 0%."

Jimin watched Taehyung walk out the door, then pulled his own phone from the night table in a hurry. His fingers hovered over the keypad fast with Jungkook's name displayed on the top of the screen.

Fool?

Jimin rolled his eyes at the simple and innocent 'what' he received in reply. Jungkook was really just a kid, he had no idea what he was getting himself into.

There's already so many scandals about us. That video will only aggravate them. People will find out Kook. Instead of rumours they will become confirmations. Your worst nightmares will become reality.

Jimin almost punched himself in the face when he saw the reply. Was Jungkook seriously a fool? Had he hit his head this morning?

The 'so?' glared back at Jimin from his screen.

Jungkook...

His mind was reeling. He was so lost in thought he didn't hear the door open with a soft creak and close with an equally soft thud. The bed dipped next to him and a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, chin resting on his bony shoulder and soft bangs brushing his cheek.

"Let everyone know. You said you didn't want to hide, didn't you?"

"I don't want to see you get hurt, please Jung-"

Lips brushed against his cheek, soft and tender. And Jimin closed his eyes, giving in and gulping down his words.

"As long as I'm with you, I won't get hurt. I don't want to hide either. I want everyone to know. I would tell them myself if it comes to that Jimin hyung."

Jimin slapped the arms wound around him twice, something like a mixture of a scoff and a choked sniffle escaping him.

"You absolute idiot..."

Jungkook smiled, the bunny smile that Jimin dearly loved, the smile of the shy yet determined kid who had walked in through those doors as a trainee. The kid who had cried countless times into his chest about missing home, missing his family. The kid who had opened up to him about his emotions when they became too much for him to handle, but ran away right after the revelation embarrassed. The kid who had held Jimin's hand and gave them a squeeze, a whisper of "you did well hyung" echoing in his ears whenever he doubted himself. The kid who had grown up to be a man, but was still a kid as he was before. The kid Jimin had grown to find too endearing over the years.

"We're in this together, remember?"

"We're in this together," Jimin leaned into the warm chest behind.

a/n : i am so sorry for not having updated in so long pls don't hate me :(

I'm literally hating how I messed up the plot the more I read it