03 // eat

Jungkook couldn't sleep at night so he decided to go get a snack thinking that would make him sleepy. When he entered the kitchen, he was surprised to see a short figure standing in the dark, the only light coming from the fridge. Jungkook made no noise as he watched Jimin take a box of nuggets before shaking his head and putting it back inside.

"Eat."

Jimin jumped, clearly startled to find Jungkook leaning in the kitchen doorway with his arms crossed.

"Jungkookie." He sighed and smiled at the young boy. "Why are you up? You need to sleep or you'll be overcome by exhaustion."

"So do you."

Jimin chuckled at the response and Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. He had always loved Jimin's laugh. It was the cutest thing in the universe.

"I should have known you wouldn't listen to me." Jimin smiled as he brushed back the bangs falling into his eyes.

Neither of them said anything for a while. There was complete silence as the two stared at each other, clearly unknowingly having a moment of connection. Then an idea struck Jungkook and he decided to break the silence.

"Jiminie hyung, I'm really tired."

Jimin immediately frowned and flicked his head. "That's why I told you to go back to sleep."

"On one condition," Jungkook smiled eagerly. "I'll go to sleep after you finish eating those nuggets."