The Book

After seeing Rudiger fly past you, you made the mistake of trying to chase him down the corridor. He could turn corners much faster than you could. You had to think fast. You spotted the garden and saw one the fruit trees, This had to work. You grabbed an apple and took a huge bite. With your mouth full of Apple  you tried to call out.

"Hey Ridither! I hath thome delithouth apples, Come and get hem!" 

At first, there was silence. They you saw a gray puffball pop out behind a tree and you knew you got him. You carefully put a foot back, waved the apple in the air and ran. Ruduger chased you for the apple even though he couldve simply picked one himself.  As he followed you, you turned a corner towards your room and threw the apple in there. He darted  inside and you close the door behind him.

"Ha!" You grinned with a smug expression and turned around and dusted your hands. You turned around getting ready to handle your next task when your face collided with someone's shoulder.  You held your nose in pain.

"Ow! Hey!" You looked up to see Varian. "Oh Hi".

Varian looked at you with the sassiest expression you have even seen. His hand was even on his hip. You took a second to acknowledge that Varian wasn't in his usuall blue shirt and apron. He was wearing trousers and a thin shirt- his farming outfit. He must have been in the fields.

"Wait.  What are you here? There isn't a meeting today."

"Oh so you don't want me to visit?"

"Oh no it's not that it-"

"Ah, I just messing with you". Varian's arm now rested at his waist and his usuall happy expression came back. "I was helping my dad pick some cabbages when the royal messanger came to get me. On a TOTALLY UNFORSEEN chance, Rudiger got into the castle and made a mess in the library. I was told that nobody could catch him. But I think you did fine." There was a crash. "On second thought I better go get him."

You let out a breathy laugh.  "Okay then, I gotta go clean up the mess Rudiger made in the library."

Varian turned back around, Rudigers tail in hand already. Wow that was quick. He looked a little embarrassed.  "Do you want some help? I mean it is kinda my fault that there's a mess in the first place."

You gave a nod and grabbed Varian's hand. "Yes please! We need to start soon though. The library needs to be fixed by dinner tonight. Why don't you put Rudiger back in my room for now and grab the cleaning supplies from my room."

Varian looked down to your intertwined hands and stared at them for a few seconds before starting up again. "Ah . . . I-I Sureeee."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Varian put Rudiger back into your room you headed to the library. The damage wasn't as bad as you expected. It was worse.

Books were tossed everywhere, a few of the older bookshelves were broken, and there was some spilled stuff that you didn't even want to know the name of.. You immediately got the broom and started sweeping up loose paper, while Varian started fixing the shelves. The nails were already old and rusted so they couldn't be reused.

You stopped sweeping for a moment. "I'll have to go down to the shop and get some nails."

Varian shook his head. "No I think I have something that may work. " 

"Okay, greaaattt." That phrase was only true 2/10 of the time so you gave a convincng smile and his behind a table for safety.

Varian rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, have a little more faith in me won't you?"