SCIENCE!!!

In retrospect you probally should have just spent your last moments of life in silence, instead of asking about what you to be alchemy and making the crazy wizard mad LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

"WHAT . . . DO . . . YOU WANT?", the figure boomed

Rapunzel spoke up. "Mr. Wizard sir!! We are sososo sorry for trespassing but I was hoping you could tell me something about my hair since you are so good with magic."

"Magic!? I Do not work with magic!!  . . ." suddenly the wizard's mask flipped up. "Technically it's alchemy but you know, no sweat". Now you were even more confused. When Cassandra told you about the wizard Varian you expected a giant powerful being with lighting and terroe but not, a teen like you. You didn't know what to expect of him but when you got a good look at him you couldn't help but to feel a hot flash rise up your face.

He was taller than you were and a bit skinnier. Your (s/c) chubby cheeks were always a defining characteristic of you from what you saw in pictures. His messy black hair crowded his head but what intrigued you was a blue streak past his hair.

He smiled and looked down to see your feet trapped in his own trap along with a raccoon which you haven't noticed until now. After some astonishment, you breathed, "Hi . ..um . . .I would love to see how you work with alchemy but do you mind answering my question and getting us out of this goop?" 

"Oh yeah sorry. About your question, this is a chemical compound of my own design! You see, we have sort of a critter problem and I finally found a humane way to get rid of them with the power of ALCHEMY" He freed the raccoon and let him out. Then he pulled out what looked like a salt shaker and sprinkled it around you. The goop began to disintegrate around you and you stepped out. Varian walked past you and kneeled infront of Rapunzel.

"I am so sorry, your highness".

She was suprised that he recognized her but he simply explained that it was her hair that made her recognizeable. She waved him off disarraying any formalities between them. While Rapunzel tried explaining her hair to Varian you snooped around his little workshop. You were always interested in science the area was filled with so many colorful chemical. You walked up to a table with a heated experiment. You kept a distance as to not touch anything but the raccoon from earlier jumped back inside through a window and landed on the table causing one of the heated chemicals to splash and hit your arm which was still healing from a month ago.

You yelped in pain which caught the attention of the others. Cassandra ran up to you to inspect your arm.

"Raps you may need to hold that convo for a second, (y/n) is injured."

Before Rapunzel could reach you Varian ran over with a vile of blue liquid. He grabbed your wrist as gentle as possible and tipped the vile over but you pulled away.

"Woah, woah, woah, what is that?"

Varian rolled his eyes playfully. "Another one of my creations-but don't worry, it's not dangerous.

You finally complied and gave him back your arm. He dumped the liquid onto your arm and it automatically felt better. It wasn't completely healed, but the pain was at least gone.

"Wow!", you said impressed. "This is amazing!"

Varian smiled proudly at you with your wrist still gripped with his hand. "All takes to the power of alchemy." 

He gripped your wrist tenderly until Cassandra interupted

"Okay Varian, as compelled as we are listening to you go on about alchemy, we came here for a bigger reason. Can you tell us anythin about the princess's hair?

He let go of your wrist and rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh yes of course."

After a few inspections and Varian getting injured on his head you all found out that Rapunzel's hair no longer held its well known healing power. Varian suggested a series of test to find the chemical makeup of her hair. The first test made Rapunzel really dizzy as the testing machine spun her around and messed with her hair. At least it was over . . . until he told you guys that there were about 80 more tests to go. The second text included a power saw attempting to cut Rapunzels hair but it had no affect.

"Amazing!", Varian exclaimed. "Your hair is indestrucable!"

"Yeah but I'm betting you're not. Now leave the princess alone!"

You all turned to see Eugene at the entrance to the lab. When did he get here? He wasn't even supposed to know that you all were here. Before Eugene could try to 'save' Rapunzel, Varian went into full out fanboy mode.

"You're Flynn Rider! Oh my gosh it is so cool to meet you! I am your biggest fan - I read all your books . . ." He continued on another rant while Eugene stood there very consfused.

"Can someone please tell me who this strange child is?"

"Im Varian!'

You all watched in amuesment as the little scene played out until a tremor in the ground caught your attention.

"What was that?" you asked, mentally hoping it wasn't an earthquake. Just the thought of one made you nervous.

Varian suddenly looked uneasy. "I-I didn't feel anything". Then, as if it was an attempt to change the subject he smacked his head. "Oh I almost forgot to get the spectrum metric press. It's the only way I can read the results of the tests. Flynn Rider, wanna come with?".

Eugene tried to ease behind you and Cassandra. "Oh . . .no."

"Are you sure? If you come I can show you a reallly cool secret . . ."

Eugene's eyes lit up at the mention of a secret. Then Varian turned to you with the smile from earlier. "What about you, don't you want to see something really cool?"

You pondered for a moment then glanced at Rapunzel for advice on what to say. She just shrugged.

"Well . .  um . . "

*That's the end of this chapter. What should the reader choose? Tell me in the comment section. This chapter was a little longer that the others but I hope it wasn't too long. Constructive feedback and comments are welcome :) Thanks for reading !*

-Mini_Terror