A Comfort and a Choice

"Varian. Max take me to Varian's home." He shook his head and stopped, he was probally rememebering the time he got stuck in Varian's invention. 

"Relax, you won't be going anywhere near his traps, just dropping me off." Maximus let out a winney and begrudgingly went on. You made sure to take a farther route around the village to ensure noone could follow your tracks just in case someone tried to come and get you.

It took a while, but soon you came to the garden in front of Varian's home. You hopped off Maximus and gave him another apple.

"I'm giving this to you, in hopes that you do not give away my location okay?" Max looked a little doubtful but he accpepted the apple. After you watched him leave you slowly made your way through the garden, careful not to step on any of the crops. You finally mad it to the outside of Varians lab. You could hear loud banging coming from the inside so he must have been working on something. You snuck through the door as to not notify Quirin of someone new entering and slowly made your way to Varian's workspace. You rememebered the trip wire and looked around for it.  When you saw it, you carefully stepped over

Despite the sadness for the reason why youe re her, you smirked, you evaded the trap Varian was soooo proud of. You took a confident step forward. Your foot sunk into the ground. Before you could comprehend what was going on, you were sweeped off your feet into a net.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

King Frederick excused himself from the dining oom and went into his royal study. He considered letting the moment pass and wait for you to come out of your room. Instead, he decided that it's only fair that he encourages your to learn as much about your parents as you deserve.

He made his way to the royal archives and solemnly searched the one thing that could tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your parents. He looked to the place where he put the book more than a decade ago. But now it felt like just yesterday. Suprisingly, he couldn't find it. For an hour he dug through more than a hundred books and could not the one he was looking for. The books were counted only yesterday, how could one go missing? His mind went to the worse scenerio.

"Pete! Inform the captain and search the castle. I fear we have an intruder that got into the royal archives. I noticed one book missing who knows how many were also stolen."

He then realized that you, Rapunzel, and his Queen were alone.

"Stan! Have Rapunzel, the Queen, and (y/n) gather into the throne room and stand guard there."

Stan nodded and came back twenty minutes later, which caused the King to worry some more.

"Ah finally, I was getting worried. Are all the girls all safe?"

"I'm afraid not your highness. Rapunzel in the Queen are safe but nobody could find (y/n). Her room was a mess when we last saw it."

The King was petrified. "My god, we need to find her. Send all the guards out for a search at once!" The King followed Stan out of the library and began to plan areas the search.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*Meanwhile, at Varian's Lab*

"Ahhh! What the heck!? Varian this isn't funny let me out of her please!" You heard some clanging which you assumed was tools being dropped.