Blueberries

Chapter 6

     Theres laughter heard coming from all around the pub as a red headed witch makes her way to the bartender. She orders a firewhiskey, listening to the joyous conversations going on around her. She catches a glimpse of bright green eyes.  

"Here you go ma'am." Says Tom, handing her her drink.

"Thank you." She says smiling, she takes it and makes her way to the back of the room.

To a man in his late teens.

Maybe 19.

It would be hard to tell if she didn't know him.

"Harry!" She exclaims when she gets closer.

"How good to see you!"

Harry turns around in his seat, a smile filling his face a little too quickly.

"Ginny! Come here! I haven't seen you in ages. How have you been?" He stutters, causing her to giggle.

"Hey!" He snaps, teasingly punching her in the arm.

"Alright alright, I've been fine, Albus has pulled me into three meetings this week, my mothers been on me like crazy for some reason, she hasn't left my side since I graduated I swear. Anyway, how's Teddy? I've missed him so much!" She says sitting down next to him, and pulling her chair closer to him so she can hear him, sending shivers down her spine as she did so.

"He's been great, and guess what? He's started walking!"

"That's great! It took him long enough." She says laughing.

"Well I have a feeling he'll end up as clumsy as his mother. He'll trip over anything he can lay his eyes on." He says taking another sip of his firewhiskey.

They sit there in silence for a while.

Not awkward or uncomfortable silence.

Just silence.

"So how has work been so far?" Asks Harry.

She had just joined the auror team recently shortly before her 18th birthday.

Not long after she graduated Hogwarts.

"Its been great! I've gone on three different cases so far. I mean its always fun to kick a death eaters ass, but its even better now because I know that I'm not breaking any laws." She says putting her empty glass down.

"Since when has Ginerva Weasley cared about laws?" Asks Harry, flagging the bartender for two more drinks.

"Well," she starts,"Ever since I've been hanging out with Hermione more, its been drilled into my head that apparently now if I'm not on a mission, I actually have to ask permission to hex someone into oblivion for some reason." She says shrugging, the bartender comes with their drinks and Ginny takes hers.

A few hours later they are still talking.

About anything and everything.

"So then Kingsly came in at that moment, he just looked around at the room. He saw me tied to my chair and Ron with some type of gluey substance dripping out of his wand, and the stuff was now consuming half of his desk by the way, and he just burst into laughter!" He says taking another swig of his drink.

"Oh my god!" She snorts.

"And the worst part was that the muggle Prime Minister was with him." He says bursting into laughter.

The both sit their trying to control their laughter for another few minutes when Ginny notices a streak of blonde hair.

"Not again." She mumbles.

"What?" Asks Harry.

"Malfoy." She says summing it all up.

"Oh. Well we can always go back to my place. You know, so at least we don't have to deal with him now." He says tubbing his hand through his hair.

"Sure." She says smiling, they stand up and make their way to the bar to pay.

"So what were you doing here anyway?" Asks Harry as he pays for their drinks.

"Well, I just had a bad day. My original plan was to get smashed then go home and live out my lonely night but I guess thats changed now." He laughs as they apparate to his apartment.

"Yup. Your night is even better. Your stuck with me." He says grinning and jabbing his thumb to his chest causing her to laugh.

"Well I guess it could be worse. I could be stuck with my mother."

"Hey!"

"I said 'worse' I didn't say you were as bad as her. Now," she pauses. "Do you have anything to drink?" She asks setting herself down on the sofa. Harry rolls his eyes. "Of course I do." He says getting two glasses and going to his liquor cabinet.

By the next hour they were completely smashed.

Ginny was siting on his lap, her head bent up.

His mouth was trailing kisses along her neck, his hands making their way to the buttons of her shirt.

He begins with the top button causing her to smile, eventually she breaks the kiss, leaving him crestfallen.

She stands up, taking his hand and leads him to his bedroom.

"I have a feeling your bed will be much more comfortable." She whispers in his ear. 

*****

Ginny smiles to herself as she remembers that night.

That was when they first became 'friends' again.

After another few minutes of day dreaming, she comes out of the bathroom and goes into the kitchen, smiling when she see's Harry already there, his hair a mess as always and his glasses askew.

"Morning." She says popping a piece of toast into the toaster.

They had been there for a week and already felt at home.

"Morning." He says taking a sip of coffee.

"Good morning future time travelers!" Shouts Sirius coming into the kitchen with out a shirt like usual. He had taken to coming up with all sorts of nicknames for the pair.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Anyway do you know i they have any blueberry jam?" She asks as Sirius plops himself next to Harry who looks at her questionably. "I thought you hated blueberries?" He says fixing his uneven glasses.

"I did, that was until I had blueberry jam. Now I am in love." She says going over to the fridge where Sirius had pointed to the jam. "Hmm. I guess ickle Ronniekins has lost your love."

"Yup." She says sitting down on the other side of him with the container of sugar in her hand, causing him to laugh as she puts a mound of sugar on top of the jammed toast. 

**********

Hey guys!!!! Im back!!! I'm sorry for the shortness of the chapter but I just finished school so I promise a lot more will come. I doubt it will come tonight but maybe, maybe, sometime this week so keep your fingers crossed!!!