Chapter Five

My favorite days are probably Tuesdays and Fridays. Fridays are understandable for most- parties and last day of school for the week. I love Tuesdays because it means I survived Monday and because I get to Skype my sister, Lavender. My mom is clearly into nature themed names. I mean, come on. Lavender, Rosalie, Clover and Willow. My dad didn't have much of a say in our name choices, and he didn't mind. My mom could've named us all Bob and he would've still had to leave.

Lavender lives in Hollywood. She's a rising singer and actress, and I couldn't have been any more proud. She's amazing and gorgeous. I fire up my computer and click onto Skype. It only rings for a few seconds before she answers.

"Hey beautiful," I great my sister. She beams at me.

"There's my favorite brat- oops, I meant sister," she giggles, as I stick out my tongue. "How's mom doing?"

"She's good. More hours at work, and working on her garden. The usual," I shrug my shoulders because it's true. She works and gardens.

"How is Willow? Is she suffering under the pressure of high school yet?" She picks at her chipping nails. They're painted turquoise. She avoids the color lavender, or any shade of purple really.

"Willow is fantastic, she painted a new picture. It's absolutely amazing, it's a lavender sprig. Imagine that," I smirk and shake my head. Lavender laughs.

"Rosalie still being hard on you?"

"Of course. I came home around 1am the other night and she was waiting in my room, on my bed! Scared me half to death," I shudder as I recall the terrifying memory. "She's crazy."

"You know she's hard on you because she loves you, Clover. And 1am, really? You promised to do better. I'm holding you to that," she shakes her head sadly. Disappointing Lavender probably hurts more than it should.

"I'm sorry, Lavie. I lost track of time," a loud crash is heard on her side of the call. She twists around and looks behind herself.

"Be careful!" She yells loudly, and I wince. "Sorry, Lucky. I gotta go. Love you to death," she hangs up before I can say it back. She calls me Lucky because "I'm her good luck charm", and because my name is Clover.

"Love you too," I whisper back at the blank screen. My phone buzzes beside me, and I jump.

Unknown Number: Hey.

Me: Do I know you?

Unknown Number: Possibly

Me: Funny. Tell me your name, before I call the cops

Unknown Number: Jesus, Clover. I was kidding, it's Cayden

Me: Way to be a creep.

Me: Wait. How'd you even get my number

Stalker: Rachel.

Me: Of course

I smile at my phone, and walk over to my bed and sigh. Of course Rachel would give my number away to a boy, even without my permission.

Stalker: She's really adamant on getting us together

Me: Yeah, she's craaazy

Me: Also, VOCAB. daaamn

Stalker: Your forgetting the fact I'm in all honors classes

Me: Says the one that just used the wrong 'your'

Cayden: Damn.