Chapter Eleven

Rachel managed to flag down her mom and ride with her. I was able to easily convince Willow and Milo to hang out at his house. However, I realized that his sister was riding with us. She frowned, looking at the ground the entire way to his car before seeing me sit in the passenger seat. A huge grin spread across her face. Cayden audibly groans at her.

"Is this the famous Clover Ackerman?" she asks after throwing her bag into the back. I raise an eyebrow at Cayden before answering her.

"You must be Gracie," I point out the obvious. She nods, "now, what has Cayden over here been saying about me?"

"No Gracie," his eyes flicker up to the mirror to glance at her in the back. She raises her hands in surrender.

"I think that reaction is enough for you to guess," she winks. I grin back, and turn around in my seat to face the front again. His eyes remain glued to the road, avoiding my gaze entirely.

Before I know it, we're pulling into a driveway. I gather my stuff before I realize it isn't mine. Gracie throws open the door before knocking on my window. I roll it down.

"Is she coming in too?" Gracie gestures at me, talking to her brother. He shakes his head quickly. "Oh come on. She wants to meet Greg." I do not know who Greg is but I nod my head anyway. He sighs before shutting the car off and opening his door. Gracie claps and waves for me to follow her.

Once inside, I notice just how fancy it really is. I knew that his family was well off, but damn. They're absolutely loaded. Gracie disappears and I'm left in the living room with Cayden. He clears his throat awkwardly.

"Don't I get the grand tour?" I ask with a grin. He grins back too and gestures for me to follow him. We wander down several hallways until we reach the last one. I notice him skip one so I slowly open it when he isn't paying attention. A huge room painted a deep navy blue is shown before me.

Suddenly, the door slams in my face and I jerk back.

"That, um, is uh my room," he explains nervously. I roll my eyes and shove into the room.

My eyes scan the room, studying the layout. A huge king sized bed dressed in white sheets and comforter is pushed against the center of a large wall. A black computer desk sits in the far computer and is stacked high with book and papers. Beside it is a tall floor to ceiling book case, also overflowing with books. He has a black dresser vanity in front of a large window. But what really catches my attention is a giant stuffed Dalmatian in front of his closet door. His room is absolutely trashed; books, clothes and just trash cover the floor. I can't tell what the carpet color it.

"That's not mine," he blurts stepping over a pile of clothes. I start to laugh.

"Oh yeah? Then why is it in here?" I ask, sitting casually on his bed. His eyes meet mine, and I guess the fact that I am sitting on his bed hits him and he turns pink. To mess with him a bit, I shrug off my jacket and lean back, knowing my mid drift is now exposed. I can see his eyes wander down a little, but snaps away, back to the Dalmatian.

"Okay, fine it's mine. But I didn't buy it, it was a gift," he defends himself, sitting down next to me, several inches away. I subtly scoot a little closer.

"Does Smith have a secret girlfriend?" I tease him. He rubs the back of his neck chuckling.

"No, he does not. Mable gave it to me about a year ago," he explains. I nod, an idea popping in my head.

"Speaking of which, I'd like to go back, you know, to apologize for my behavior," I say as sincerely as I can muster. He contemplates it for a second before nodding his head.

"I think that's a great idea, Clove."

"I see you've already made your way back to his room," Gracie suddenly appears, with a smug grin. Cayden sighs.

"We were just leaving actually," he says, offering me his hand. I take it as he pulls me up. "Where's Greg?"

Gracie steps into the hallway for a second before returning with a long snake. I nearly faint.

"That's Greg?" I shriek, jumping away. Cayden laughs at me, but steps in front of me anyway. Greg flicks his tongue out. I lean against Cayden. "I think I'm going to pass out."

"Don't worry, he doesn't bite," Cayden manages to say in between fits of laughter. Gracie leaves with Greg (thank God). I realize that my hands are still wrapped his bicep and I'm still pressed against his back. I quickly remove myself and smile awkwardly. He doesn't seem to notice and instead just takes my hand and pulls me out of his room.

We quietly make our way to his car, my hand still in his. We drop each other's hand when we approach his car, and get into our respective sides. I glance over at him and admit it to myself.

I'm starting to fall for the good boy.

-_-_-_-_-

Author's Note:

It has been a HOT MINUTE since I've even wanted to work on this story but some inspiration struck recently within my personal life. I don't think this book will last very long but I want to finish it anyway. I'd say maybe 20-30 chapters. I can't wait though!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Don't be a ghost reader

ILYSM <3

~Galaxy Potato

<<<<<<<<<33333333333