Chapter Two

Not Edited

Upon arriving home, the house was silent and the lights were off. I sneak in through my bedroom window and gulp back a shriek. My older sister was sitting on my bed, waiting for me. She had her arms crossed, frowning. I roll my eyes and prepare myself for a lecture.

"Where were you?" Rosalie speaks up, after I've calmed down from the near heart attack.

"I was out," I shrug my shoulders and walk over to my closet, grabbing my pajamas. I'm not in the mood to listen to her lecture again.

"It's a school night. You know better than to be out so late, doing God knows what," she shakes her head, sighing. I'm the disappointment in the family. Rosalie is the brains. I'm the rebel. Lavender, the oldest, is the most successful. Willow, the youngest, is the most talented. She can sing, paint, and dance.

"I'm almost 18, Rose. I can do whatever I want now," I roll my eyes again as I change into my pajamas.

"That's where you're wrong, Clover. You can't do whatever you want. Sure, you're almost 18. Key word is almost. You're still 17."

"What's your point? I really don't care what you have to say. You're not the boss of me. I can take care of myself, no problem," I nudge her off my bed so that I can climb into it. She stands, staring at me sternly.

"You need to fix that attitude, I'm only here because I care about you. If I didn't care about you, I would be in Yale right now! You need to grow up and stop being so selfish," she throws her hands into the air, whisper-yelling at me.

"I didn't ask you to stay! Go, see if I care at all. I. Don't. Need. You," I grit. She's starting to get on my nerves with her responsible sister act. She's the reason I'm like this.

"Clover Kinsley Ackerman. Do not talk to me like that! I may not be dad, but I'm trying, okay? I want to help mom with you and Willow. I would help Lavender if I could," tears well in Rose's eyes, breaking my stone cold heart. I can't help but feel sad when she mentions dad.

"I'm trying too, Rose. You don't see it, but I am trying. Trust me," I snuggle into the covers, so she can't see the tears threatening to spill from my green eyes. "I miss Dad. I wish lavender would come home."

"I miss him too. Lav promised to visit during Christmas break."

"I'm sorry for staying out late. I lost track of time, again. Good night," I roll over, away from her. I feel her eyes on me.

"Good night, Clover."

-_-_-_-_-

"Clover!" Willow climbs onto me, screaming. "It's the first day of school!"

"I know. Get off me, before I make you," I sit up, and she stands up, grinning. Willow is only 15, but incredibly beautiful and talented. Her shiny blond hair fall in soft curls around her pale skin. Her bright green eyes stare at me, waiting.

"Better get ready, don't want to be late. Addy and Rachel will be here in an hour," she calls over her shoulder as she skips out of my room. Willow is my one weakness. All of my sisters, really, are my weakness.

"Aye-aye captain," I salute her and drag myself out of bed. I stare into my mirror and frown. I fell asleep with makeup on again.

I try to look good, but not too typical first day of school girl look. I lightly comb my hair so my curls won't come out too soon and look frizzy. I wipe off my makeup and redo it. Guys always say that girls that wear too much makeup are a turnoff. But, I really don't care. I'm going to wear as much makeup as I want.

I throw on a pair of light wash high waisted skinny  jeans, a pair of brown wedges, and a gray V-neck. I also shrug on my favorite mustard colored cardigan over the outfit. Satisfied with my outfit, I swipe on matte light brown lipstick. I rush down the stairs after grabbing my backpack and phone.

My mom waits in the kitchen with breakfast on the table. Addy honks outside.

"Wish I could stay for breakfast," I smile at my mom. "But can't keep the demon waiting too long. Come on Willow, were leaving!"

Addy gives both Willow and I a ride to school. Especially sense Willow and Rachel's brother, Milo, are starting their first day of high school. Today, Addy has her mom's minivan, to accommodate the two new passengers.

"I can't believe I have to drive this thing to school everyday. Shoot me in the head already," Addy smiles at me as I sit in the passenger side. Rachel sits in the back, fussing over Milo's hair.

"Rachel. My hair looks fine, stop touching it," he continues swatting her hand away as she frowns.

"I just want my baby brother to have a good first day of school," she drops her hands, sighing. Milo has reddish-brown hair, and blue eyes. To say he was good-looking for a 14 year-old would be an understatement.

Finally, Willow climbs into the backseat. Her eyes land on Milo.

"Hey Milo," she smiles genuinely. He blushes a deep red color.

"Willow, heeeeeeey," he awkwardly draws out the hey, earning a giggle from Willow. They've always had a crush on each other. It's sad that they haven't started dating yet. I turn back around and focus on the drive to the school. We arrive after a short 10 minute drive. Willow flies out and jumps around the van in excitement. Milo hesitates before following Willow out of the car. Rachel looks up at me and smiles, shaking her head. Addy cuts the engine and we all pile out of the van.

"Come on, come on! You promised to show me to my locker, Clover!" Willow bounces around me, grinning from ear to ear. I shrug and walk into the school.

"Okay, but enough circling me and jumping. This is high school, not middle school. Time to grow up, okay?" I stop her before walking in through the big doors. She widens her big green eyes and nods. I push open the door. "Welcome to hell, aka high school."

-_-_-_-_-

Author's Note:

Hey guysssss!

I hope you like this new chapter of my NEW BOOK ahhhhh. I still can't believe I wrote this, and even if it isn't popular, I'm sticking to it for awhile. I really really like it sooooo yeah...

Also, if you see the name "Valentina Raines" in here please let me know because I changed it to "Victoria Roo".

Don't forget to favorite and comment! 💞

Ily! 💞

~Galaxy Potato 💞